V6 Omega Manual On Ebay...donor Vehicle?

autowatch

There's an Omega 2.5V6 manual currently on eBay - item no 221319621223, I just wondered if it was worth looking at as it's obviously already a rear drive V6 with a 5 speed box, Would it be a relatively easy fit into my Ascona B?

I know there would be issues like speedo pickup, prop and gearshift location but would the engine gearbox combo fit roughly in without major surgery? I can get hold of the inlet manifold from a Vectra V6 easily as I believe the manifold on the Omega is too tall....does the sump on the Omega V6 fit behind the Ascona x-member?

Or am I better off fitting the Vectra V6 with a modified sump and finding a Manta Getrag box somewhere?

I know this is covered already numerous times on the site but I've read so much recently and I'm getting on a bit now so struggling to work out what's possible/sensible and what isn't!! :D

• Like 1

chris collier is guy to ask on this one.

ask for a quote to fit it to save the hassle.

I'm an Opel trained time-served mechanic of 35 years.....asking someone else to fit an engine for me would be like asking him to service the wife...

Maybe there's a plan in there somewhere!!! :lol:

if you are opel trained it will take you too long to do it as logic never works in this type of conversion :lol::lol: .

chris can tell you what fits and what wont :unsure: . cut sump or cross member :rolleyes: ? which exhaust manifolds to use or custom made :rolleyes: ?

gearbox is a definite use but need to convert manta/ascona to hydraulic clutch( not too hard to mod peddle and put master cylinder under dash.) prop is easy to sort out.

I use road angel for speedo.

well worth the effort to fit this conversion especially if you go down the after market ECU to remap removing emissions limitations.

last one I saw had Honda valcaray carbs on high lift cams, gas flowed heads and custom exhausts. sounded awesome and went like hell. :D

if you are opel trained it will take you too long to do it as logic never works in this type of conversion :lol::lol: .

chris can tell you what fits and what wont :unsure: . cut sump or cross member :rolleyes: ? which exhaust manifolds to use or custom made :rolleyes: ?

gearbox is a definite use but need to convert manta/ascona to hydraulic clutch( not too hard to mod peddle and put master cylinder under dash.) prop is easy to sort out.

I use road angel for speedo.

well worth the effort to fit this conversion especially if you go down the after market ECU to remap removing emissions limitations.

last one I saw had Honda valcaray carbs on high lift cams, gas flowed heads and custom exhausts. sounded awesome and went like hell. :D

Yeah I'd guess you're right about forgetting logic!! What is Chris Collier's username.....I'll message him?