Ascona 400R For Sale On Pistonheads

Dont want to rain on anyones parade as it looks nice but doesn't a 400 have a 2.4 lt engine ?

That would be why it's described as a 400R, as in replica.

You would struggle to pick up a genuine Ascona 400 for £10k. :rolleyes:

Im with Retropower on this, havent seen the car but you really cant build one for anything like that amount. Im nearing the end of my Manta 400 build and Ive gone past £15k and thats with doing the work on my own!

And the bonus is that one has the proper seats in it!

If I didnt have the Manta Id be on the ferry just now...

Scott

Wow. Wish i had of kept all of the Opels i sold years back and advertised them now.

Just something to ponder on lads before you get carried away with yourselves. Around the18k-20k mark and your into genuine 400 Manta / Ascona territory.

Edited by ascona400r
  • Like 1

I would like to see a real 400 for 20k, i think 30k and your have a chance

Ok... please view pic of two 400's. They both belong to me.

Manta was bought 2 years back from over your side of the pond. Came with a heap of spares including 400 axles, 8 & 10" ronals etc etc One owner from new. Genuine irmscher 400 kit fitted from new. She has covered roughly 80k kms with comprehensive history from the day she was collected new in Belgium. Engine got a 5k rebuild just before i collected her - 0 miles. Needs a fresh lick of paint and very very little general tidying to make concours again. No rot anywhere.

Ascona was bought 6 months ago. One of supposedly 8 rhd cars built. It has 42k mile which i believe is correct as i have traced every owner since it arrived in N. Ireland many moons ago. Correct dog leg gearbox. Car was mot'd when i got her but has since run out. Ready for shows but in fairness i think i will be converting her into a proper historic rally car. Have most of the bits gathered, just need to get another shell i have fabricated.

Not going to say exactly what each cost as thats my business, but like i said above genuine Manta / Ascona 400's are now in the 18-20k range. One might need to hunt for them but they are out there. Have been offered another complete lhd 400 Ascona which is in the UK for under 20k. Will probably chance her too.

ascmanta_zpsd6a343ef.jpg

Edited by ascona400r

Wow I love them I think I remember your pictures f when you bought it? Well point proven then that you an get them for that budget then but the up keep of a genuine 400 is a lot. Off topic do you have a rear 10x15 going spare any condition as a friend is in need of one big time. Cheers Dan. P.s keep us posted on the 400 ascona you have found too ;-)

Wow I love them I think I remember your pictures f when you bought it? Well point proven then that you an get them for that budget then but the up keep of a genuine 400 is a lot. Off topic do you have a rear 10x15 going spare any condition as a friend is in need of one big time. Cheers Dan. P.s keep us posted on the 400 ascona you have found too ;-)

No worries. Am looking for more ronals myself if i were to be honest Dan.

I guess the up keep of any car can be expensive depending on what bother it gives, though agree that a 400 won't be easy on the pocket if they start to give bother.

• 1 month later...