Ascona " Facelift "

hatz

ASCONAB168.jpg

Decided to stick with the classic ATS alloys, although they are 13inch deep dish and taking into consideration

the colour of the car I stole this idea from the net, this should go nice with my colour contrast!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well as you all saw in previous pictures, the engine bay was looking quite good ( a thing of buty ) but looks can be decieving!

the blooming thing would not start and after several sore heads of establishing the fault I cant believe that I trusted someone else to refit the cylinder head and they so kindly horsed the rockers down tight! NO COMPRESSION, all the valves fully open, only myself to blame though!!!!!!!!

AsconaBproject476.jpg

oh well! I suppose it gives me time to fit the correct plate and fuel pump bracket while I'm wating on the cylinder head returning. I cant believe how hard it was to try and locate this bracket, they all seem to rotten but there is a " scrappie " breaking a manta coupe on ebay and the guy kindly cut it off for me and posted it including the pump for £60, what a bargain I thought!

AsconaBproject471.jpg

AsconaBproject472.jpg

another wee job out of the way!

oh well! the bold Drew from Ambleside comes up trumps again! another wee visit down and yet again I dont leave empty handed, not only do I get a genuine Irmcher boot spoiler for the old girl but wait for it!!!! a GENUINE 3 PIECE ASCONA 400 FRONT BUMPER, bring it on, TOYS FOR BOYS!

AsconaBproject475.jpg

Looking good !

AsconaBproject474.jpg

Its taking shape now.

400 bumper away getting painted folks, pictures on its return

I've got group 4 security looking after it!!!!!

Looking really, really nice.

How are you going to decal it?

Bearing in mind its a 4 door, how about Ascona Sport Decals for a change, that would look different?

I'm not really bothered about decals as the framework round the 4 doors is painted black and the door handles are also black, so added engelman mirrors will all show a nice enough contrast to the car.

cheers Paul

• 1 month later...

Oh well guys I thought that due to the horrible weather that we have have been getting this summer I decided that the caravan should come in handy!!!! no better place to build the Ascona doors ;)

AsconaBproject488.jpg

hope the wife doesnt read this forum though LOL!

AsconaBproject489.jpg

door no 2 getting stripped to tranfer onto new one

what about this door panel then?

AsconaBproject485-1.jpg

used to be a manta panel, now its all trimed fits perfect on the Ascona

AsconaBproject491.jpg

AsconaBproject490.jpg

GTE seats fitted in, a big improvement from the horrible red ones that were original in the car.

Edited by hatz
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

finanly managed to get the car back on its rubbers again after finishing the fuel lines and got it out into the sunshine to fit the long awaited doors B)

AsconaBproject497.jpg

AsconaBproject501.jpg

pity I forgot to pick the wings up from storage :wacko:

AsconaBproject498.jpg

AsconaBproject499.jpg

AsconaBproject500.jpg

unfortunately thats all I have just now folks, need to fabricate a bracket for the 400 bumper B)

• Like 1