'85 1.8S Berlinetta Coupe

druid

Hi folks

Having bought the Silver '85 1.8S Berlinetta Coupe that had been advertised in the forum for sale section for a few months, I thought I had better tell you about all about it and post up some pics.

Anyone who may recall the original for sale thread may remember the car had some 15" rims - these were not purchased with the car as I intend to kep the car as original as possible, hence the reinstatement of the original alloys.

The car has covered just under 49,000 miles (genuine as the supporting documentation backs up the mileage) and is in truly great condition with no rot and no welding carried out apart from the rears of both sills which amounts to a Swan Vestas match box size plate on each side which have been done very neatly. The panels are all original with no sign of any nastiness (filler, re-skinning etc.) and the car has been resprayed reasonably well and in the original Astro Silver.

The original engine runs well, although there seems to be a slight oil leak (rocker gasket I think). At the weekend I did an oil and filter change, and renewed the cambelt, water pump and fan belt.

On the downside, the original seats have been recovered in non-original material. To be honest the re-trimming work is very good and the colours work well with the original scheme and the door cards which are the originals. However, I would like to replace the interior with an original one if you know of one going begging. Add a replacement original grey carpet as well if you have one, as there are 4 fag burns in the offside rear footwell where a previous owner attempted to chuck his cigarette butts out of the window and missed badly! :(

My plans for the car are to keep it as original as possible and in top shape. I would like to get her running as sweetly as possible and perhaps a rolling road tune-up session would be in order.

I may also opt for a Weber conversion.

The front seats also need some attention as they are very wobbly!

Also, the alloys could do with refurbing and some new tyres would not go amiss.

Then there is a the issue of rust proofing the car to keep her solid. I will probably get the wing liners for the front to help preserve the inner wings too.

If anyone has any of the bits i need or any history or info regarding the car I would love to hear from you.

Also, I'd like to thank Chris Collier who very kindly came to inspect the car with me - thanks mate!DSCF1768.jpg

DSCF1775.jpg

DSCF1774.jpg

DSCF1769.jpg

DSCF1778.jpg

DSCF1777.jpg

DSCF1771.jpg

DSCF1772.jpg

DSCF1773.jpg

http://forums.mantac...ta-coupe-resto/

here you go ! been at a stand still for a few months hoping get back to it soon :D

Wow Brian

Car's looking good and it's a twin of my car the only difference being yours has the sunroof!

Dead jealous that your car has the original seat covers. :P

Will you be putting original Berlinetta alloys on the car?

It would be great to see our cars together at a show - Billing perhaps? :)

Edited by druid

yep will be putting original alloys on ,was hoping to get to billing with it this year with it but that's not going to happen lol maybe next year

It will have alot to live up to i won the treasurers trophy for best standard car in 2009 with the astra gte i restored

billing2009099.jpg

yep will be putting original alloys on ,was hoping to get to billing with it this year with it but that's not going to happen lol maybe next year

It will have alot to live up to i won the treasurers trophy for best standard car in 2009 with the astra gte i restored

Love the GTE mate. Hope to see you at a show so you can take a look at my car and chat about yours. I really like to see original mantas, not that there's anything wrong with modded cars.