Manta A D.o.t. Broadspeed Turbo Vmt 409M

I like to get in contact with the former owner John Corden,he owned it for 20 years.

I hope he have some history about my Turbo and old pictures. This is the prototype

of the just 28 built cars only for the UK and it was present on the London Motorshow

in 1974. Maybe someone can help me to get in contact with him.

Thanks Johan

P1090136.jpg

P1090137.jpg

P1090139.jpg

P1090140.jpg

Kopie4van1.jpg

Broadspeed-OpelTriumphFord-5.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Johan,

I may be able to help, I know that John used to live in Surrey as I purchased some A Series parts from him a few years ago. I am sure he is still listed on Ebay as seller broadspeedturbo so you might be able to contact him through there, I still had a link to him as a favourite seller although I missed out on a lot of his parts when he cleared out all his manta bits.

I hope it helps? I might need to ask you for some help with my car in the future. I own a Broadspeed Turbo - KNO 1N which I hope to be my next restoration project having owned the car for nearly 20 years now and still not on the road!

Good luck and hope you manage to track him down. When I first bought my car he was very helpful and knowledgeable on the car.

All the best

Richard

Hello fellow "Turbo owners" we are a rare breed,

Nice to know there will be another one on the road, mine is about ready again just about to have a exhaust made for it, so the wallet is in for a bit of stick,oh well she is worth it.

Regards Paul

Im sorry for the Off Topic question, i´m just interested in knowing how many of the Broadspeeds there are left ? Can´t be many. I know there is about 40 TE´s left, i know of one that was imported to Denmark 3 years ago, a red one that unfortunatly has been modified heavely on the interior :(

• 1 year later...

(Sorry Johan, had someone else who has a Turbo contact me about buying the brochure)

Hi Johan

Sorry to jump on this post, but as i was clearing out some A series stuff i found an original turbo brochure. You might already have one but if not it would be nice for it to go to a turbo owner. You can have it for free if you want it.

http://www.theopelpr...10920121914.jpg

Andy

Edited by 611

Johan,

Came across your post today.

I passed on all the history when I sold VMT 409M to the Bitter/Opel collector from Germany. But still have some photos of rebuild etc.

Let me know if of interest

Cheers,

John

(Custodian of VMT 409M from 1986 - 2004!)

John,

I'm interested and you have got pm.

Cheers Johan

(Sorry Johan, had someone else who has a Turbo contact me about buying the brochure)

Hi Johan

Sorry to jump on this post, but as i was clearing out some A series stuff i found an original turbo brochure. You might already have one but if not it would be nice for it to go to a turbo owner. You can have it for free if you want it.

http://www.theopelpr...10920121914.jpg

Andy

Hi Andy,

I have got one but in bad shape... I did like to have a better one and want to pay for it to.

Johan

John,

I'm interested and you have got pm.

Cheers Johan

Hi Andy,

I have got one but in bad shape... I did like to have a better one and want to pay for it to.

Johan

Hi Johan

Very sorry, but TURBO A contacted me yesterday night and asked if he could by the brochure and has paid for it now.

Andy

• 4 months later...

Hi

Nice to see the lovly black manta again , for years I have wondered if it was still on the road and to see that it looks so good.

I use to own the car back in the 80s when I lived in Dorset I have never forgotten about her and still have the sale paper work and photos.

If you would like more info please contact me.

zippy

I do have a good condition orginal brochure

Edited by zippy

• 5 years later...

Hi Johan

I just saw your post about VMT 409M - sorry I'm a bit late replying!!!  I actually tried to buy this car back in about 1986 - I can't remember the sellers name but I agreed a price with him and paid a deposit to hold the car until I could collect it the following week.  Three days later the seller telephoned me and said that a previous buyer from 6 months earlier had reappeared and still wanted the car.  So it was sold to this other buyer and my deposit was returned.  I'm guessing that the "other" buyer was the above mentioned custodian from 1986 -2004?  I've always wondered what happened to it - do you have any pictures of it now that you can post?  I was so annoyed at losing the car having got all the money together ( I think it was £3500??) that I went looking for a replacement and found an even rarer car - a 1963 Ford Consul Capri GT Convertible (one of only 4 prototypes)  that I had previously seen at a major classic motor show on a revolving stand.  Amazingly I still own and love that Capri -  it has been all over Europe with us and I'll never sell it so I suppose it was fate that intervened but I always wished I'd got the Opel!!   Hope you have some pics? Regards Mark 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

hello i remember when john corden had this car as he lived in stafford at the time in the mid 1980s , i went to vist him and we went to avon park race way , i had my 1973 as a series v8 manta and john was in the turbo , last time i ever saw him was around that time, we went up to a scrap yard for some a series parts , this all happened around the mid 80s , i got photos some where of the broadspeed, it was very nice then,