Started At Last

manta3000

finally ive got garage back to myself,used to own this gte exc 16yrs ago,drove down to chester and bought it,had for 8yrs,and stupidly let it go,should have just put it in garage,anyway came across on the net in doncaster,promptly went down and trailered home 2yrs ago

first job is to remove kit,have new one from martin,car is to be stripped and blasted gently

here are a few pics P1020042.jpg

P1020043.jpg

P1020046.jpg

P1020056.jpg

P1020059.jpg

P1020058.jpg

gsimanta2.jpg

hope this works

colin

Hi Colin,

Great seeing the old bus in all her original glory,awer thi best wi face lift so tae speak will be well worth it in the end.Look forward to seeing yur sel back oot and aboot behind thi wheel at a future git thi gither. :thumbup

cheers rab.

Hiya Colin,

Sorry you don't like what I did to the car,its just that I love the look of the 400kit on the Manta and when I had chance to go for it I did.

I read on another thread that you were upset that I didn't give you 1st refusal when I sold it.Truthfully I do vaguely remember this although it was a long time ago but in my defense the car wasn't for sale,I was being pestered by a bloke to sell it him and he offered me a sum of money I couldn't afford to turn down which even if I had been able to get in touch with you I don't think you would have matched.

Anyway I'm glad you've got the car back and I'm delighted you are restoring her.

I'll be watching the project thread with interest,loads of photo's please ;)

All the best,

Dill

hi

no u got it wrong,i had car for 8yrs,sold to bloke 15 mls away from me,it was this person i was pissed off with,check out pics in thread,im original owner,u didnt buy from me

its going back to a 400 kit again,im just restoring it,so it all has to come off,but putting back to red though

colin

Ahh right,Sorry I must have got confused somewhere,I got it from Montrose in (I think)2002.Hell of a journey from South Yorkshire.I had it for about 4yrs. I would have still had it now except for the crazy amount I was offered for it...

Anyway,I'm just glad someones got it now who's going to look after it...

Good luck,

Dill

I'm afraid I don't have any pics of the work being done to the car,I've got one or two at the 'ring I'll see if I can sort out for you...When I owned the car I had not yet entered the digital age so all my photo's of it got developed at Boots ;) I'll get them scanned so I can email them to you.

Dill

nice to see another manta being sorted !!! i on the other hand keep opening my kitchen door looking at the manta and then i hear the words

daddy !!! from my little 2year old !! but a least its nice and dry !! glad to hear when someone gets back a car they wish they hadnt sold!!

• 4 months later...

hi

its been a while since last update,things dont always go to plan,anyway car is now stripped and away to get blasted

readyforblasting3.jpg

readyforblasting2.jpg

readyforblasting1.jpg

after this comes back,will be seeing how much metalwork needs done

passenger side floor/sill area worst,as some previous careless welding had melted sunroof pipe,and water seeping into floorwell for sometime :angry:

oh well

cheers colin

colin,awesome m8 true dedication,got me thinking where my old carmine red exclusive coupe is,last time i seen her was in the little chef thing in ross on wye,where i agreed to meet the new owner,that must have been circa 1992,reg was E680WVR,watching this thread with eager anticipation

steve :thumbup

car was on ebay,saw it in gumtree as well,drove down + trailered it home,stripes were ripped off as soon as i got it home

great feeling bringing it home,

pics would be nice as well as im wanting to do an album of it all once finished

cheers colin

Hi I Hope Dillv8 does not mind but i have found a pic of this when he had it at Billing (on his facebook) :thumbup

Manta_Paul.jpg

This was for sale on ebay up my way on, my mate from work used to see it cruising the streets of donny looking for suitable prey to race and destroy, lol

I will see if i can find them when I get some spare time, they are amongst a boxfull up in the attic.:thumbup

If its not too much hassle I wouldn't mind copies of those pics please.That was when it used to be my car,my excuse for the stripes is I was young and foolish :unsure:

Oh and Colin I've not forgot about those pics I was finding for you,I've found them I just need to scan them and send them...Time goes so fast though... :o

Cheers,

Dill

Hi I Hope Dillv8 does not mind but i have found a pic of this when he had it at Billing (on his facebook) :thumbup

Manta_Paul.jpg

This was for sale on ebay up my way on, my mate from work used to see it cruising the streets of donny looking for suitable prey to race and destroy, lol

hi

car looks mean as f**k,wasnt quite as fresh looking when i got it,looks really well in pic, was getting a bit ragged ,obviously getting used to its fullest,there wasnt much tread left on rears ,and none after ,when i took it off road,heres hoping it"ll look awesome when its finished

cheers colin

If its not too much hassle I wouldn't mind copies of those pics please.That was when it used to be my car,my excuse for the stripes is I was young and foolish :unsure:

Oh and Colin I've not forgot about those pics I was finding for you,I've found them I just need to scan them and send them...Time goes so fast though... :o

Cheers,

Dill

When I get a chance I will have a look for you :thumbup