Manta Pics,exc Coupe E540Vbg

steve price

Wow Steve she's absolutely stunning fella! B) Great to see some pics of her out on the open road too...

Really sorry that you have to sell her... You must be gutted! As they say though, its better to have loved and lost, than never loved at all...

Mine will be up for sale shortly for much the same reason... I bought mine as you know from Titson, so haven't had the blood sweat and tears like you have had in the building... but still sorry never the less to have to let her go...

I hope she goes to a good home :thumbup

mike you in the motor trade as well ?????????? its shite

oh well 2nd time on e bay fetched £4200 this time not quite the reserve or am i being 2 greedy any thoughts guys and gals

steve

has anyone seen the carmine red gsi on e bay de some £25,500 euro dont think its that far ahead of mine dont know how to do the link,so look for yourselves

steve :mellow:

Hi Steve,

Yeah got made redundant at the end of last year, so after 3 months off took at job at Lookers selling new cars... It was shite, so only lasted about 4 months before telling them where to stick it!

I think any restored Manta Coupe is worth £5500+ of anybodies money! Even then they're a lot of car for your money! You hang in there fella if you can, she's worth a lot more than the offers you've had so far! :thumbup

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

agree with last 2 posts,was gutted when i got back my exclusive

it was mint like urs steve

had been made into a 400,fair enough,people do what they want

lot of good cars though r getting lost now

exclusive on log book only,but wont be a genuine looking 1 anymore

colin

seen the bits on e bay,i must say im fucking gutted as peter and his mate said my coupe was 2 good to fuck with,anyway its was his 3550 and not mine, thought he would have left it std ish,it really isnt the way i would have gone about doin a 400r then what the fuck do i know about,i noticed wullie is sellin the i200 ?? id love to have a go at that one,have had a few chats wi wullie about my old coupe and a lil chuckle at the proposed 400r look

sour grapes? you bet your fucking bottom dollar on it

steve

there will be more 400 r than standard body cars soon :o ,, think i will have 400 r narrow body sticker on mine when its done :wacko:

You know what Gary, I have had that thought for a while now and could quite see a "400 Replica" section at Billing.

As for doing a 400 Rep, There are plenty of nails out there with knackered arches to turn into a 400, I can see why a good shell is an absolute bonus to start with, but they would be best left to people that know what they are doing, rather than fucking up a damn good car.

at the end of the day i bought the car off steve so if i keep it standard or change to a 400r thats my buisness nothing to with you lot of do gooders anyway the inner wings were hgagged next to the pillars so it was not perfect after all so run along and keep your nose out of my affairs

i sit on the fence with this subject, everyone has seen me at Billing with original spec Manta's and assumes that is the only thing i like, true i have one or two (!!!!) manta's tucked away that i intend to restore to original due to thier rarity/significance but i also hanker after making a totally radical modified manta (oh the idea's i have.... no time or money but big ideas!!!)

i the end the important thing is that what ever you do with this manta just make sure you do a good job and keep the car alive for many,many years to come.

• Like 1

thanks mantaman ill be in billing 2012 im building with no expence spared this has progressed a lot in last 3 weeks changed roof skin to non sunroof gen irmsher 400 kit starting to take shape now im looking forward to showing it off thanks peter

you got gen 400 kit? is it made of plastic? or fibreglass? just wondering cos i got a gen 240 kit

it was made from the irmsher 400 moulds kit stamped irmsher aswell on all panels, they fit perfect to the car and they are underlapped for fixing to the rear arch of the car ive had a few kits but not one like this this is the muts nuts and costs a bit more than the rest

made from fibre glass with a perfect finish for painting

The more people that chop up and put on kits, and then change the engine's in their Manta's the more mine will go up in value. Good luck to anyone wanting to spend a shed load of money they will never see again! As long as it's done well and the owner is happy, then nothing else matters, and it's no-one else's business!

CHEERS!

The more people that chop up and put on kits, and then change the engine's in their Manta's the more mine will go up in value. Good luck to anyone wanting to spend a shed load of money they will never see again! As long as it's done well and the owner is happy, then nothing else matters, and it's no-one else's business!

CHEERS!

i agree sort off:) there does seem to be a few 400s going on at the moment. but i always think a really good rep will always be worth more than an exclusive, and also we dont generally do this for money as on a whole mantas are pretty much worth peanuts compared to other classic makes. and if your modding a car you never get your money back.. true:( unfortunatly..

• Like 1