Ascona 400R Build

Retro Power

Was chatting with Callum over at Retropower over the last few weeks and been asking "why this? and why that? and what's the thinking behind this? etc." he told me to go and f off as he was busy, actually he didn't really he was telling me about the fit of the bodykit at the front end and after seeing those pics I now see exactly what he meant.

As I'm over at Retropower everyday now and you see things taking shape, little by little you don't appreciate just what has been done until you see some blunt before and after shots.

Was chatting with Callum over at Retropower over the last few weeks and been asking "why this? and why that? and what's the thinking behind this? etc." he told me to go and f off as he was busy, actually he didn't really he was telling me about the fit of the bodykit at the front end and after seeing those pics I now see exactly what he meant.

As I'm over at Retropower everyday now and you see things taking shape, little by little you don't appreciate just what has been done until you see some blunt before and after shots.

F-Off Clive, I'm busy :D

2010_11230029.jpg

2010_11230030.jpg

2010_11230022.jpg

Edited by Retro Power

My mates brother runs a garage and he actually has a properly printed sign to hang on outside door saying 'fck off, I'm busy'

:lol:

Tis impressive work there. Almost tempted to hand you the dogs dinner I made of my A bodywork (but you'd need to work real real cheap! :lol: )

Cheers :)

Looking forward to seeing your 400 - will it be at Billing this year? (Don't neglect my old i200 though :( )

:thumbup :thumbup

I think it will have to be, otherwise Stradaboy will be very unhappy. ;):lol:

I've sold the i200 :( but gone to a good and local home and will almost certinaly be at billing 2011 :thumbup

• 2 weeks later...

Hello ,

This car looks very impressive . Is it painted yet? I had the other White unarched Ascona at Billing and remember talking to you.

Have you decided on wheels yet and are you going for the Yellow, Silver and Anthracite stripes? I keep thinking about these stripes for my Ascona but think it looks ok without them.

Keep up the good work and I,ll look forward to seeing the car at Billing.....

Luke.

Hello ,

This car looks very impressive . Is it painted yet? I had the other White unarched Ascona at Billing and remember talking to you.

Have you decided on wheels yet and are you going for the Yellow, Silver and Anthracite stripes? I keep thinking about these stripes for my Ascona but think it looks ok without them.

Keep up the good work and I,ll look forward to seeing the car at Billing.....

Luke.

Hi Luke, yeah remember having a chat at Billing too...

I have just recieved a tweet this morning the 'scona is being flattened and another coat of primer and another flattening session ready for paint so not too far away!:D

(easy for me to say I ain't doin it!!)

With regards to the stripes , I'm heading in that direction! and its looking like a set of revo's for wheels but that could change

The guy's a Retropower are doin me proud and I'm looking forward to seeing it in paint.

Be good to get a pic or two of the two together :thumbup at Billing

Cheers

Curt

Edited by cact1972

• 1 month later...

Looking good so far guys, can't wait to see it painted.....

Hopefully taking either the Orange or Green Ascona to Billing this year .... want to show you's English guys that the Irish can build nice Opel's too.....lol

Get that spray gun filled till we see some paint....... oh and keep up the good work...

Looking good so far guys, can't wait to see it painted.....

Hopefully taking either the Orange or Green Ascona to Billing this year .... want to show you's English guys that the Irish can build nice Opel's too.....lol

Get that spray gun filled till we see some paint....... oh and keep up the good work...

Cheers Brian, be good to see one of yours in the flesh and you too of course! :thumbup

Curt

:unsure: speek up cant here you, did you say the SCONA IS PAINTED...:lol: ..:thumbup .

OH YES!! Thanks for asking..........

A big thanks to Cal and Nat for today.

I took a few bits to them....

P1020023.jpg

P1020025.jpg

Seats have also been taken to the upholsterer

P1020024.jpg

Don't ask but the whole lot fit into the Veccy!!!:rolleyes:

P1020026.jpg

P1020029.jpg

P1020027.jpg

Anyhow ,After licking and drooling over, here she is now........:blink: :blink: