Cavalier 4 door

Snowy

Trying to get work done inbetween the rain is a pain.

Have bolted on the passenger side nose cone now. I think i will weld the bolt heads in place and use nyloc nuts when it's finished.

Image0289.jpg

Image0290.jpg

I'm going for a bolt on front valance. Makes life easier. Doesn't it feel good when the car starts to look like a car again.

Image0292.jpg

Image0293.jpg

Need to get the nose cone and valance balsted and primed. I still cannot decide what colour to paint his car.

Edited by Snowy

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its looking like a good one there Graham :thumbup , lots of thought & technical detail is involved as with all the jobs you have done that i've seen , i am keeping an eye on this one ,should be a belter when its all done B) , what sort of paint scheme are you thinking of out of curiosity

what about dolphin grey ? or maybe a two tone with the break at the main swage line , perhaps keeping the existing top colour with a metalic grey/black on the lower half?

Good call.

Dolphin grey or something close would look superb.

Would look good with twin lights too. ;)

I think you're quite cute too, Norman x

You have to ask yourself...."does black suit a car of that age?"

Your choice though.

Yes, well I think it sets it off well with the chromework as a contrast, but hey thats just my opinion. Black looks good on any car if its clean.

Cheers, Colin.

You have to ask yourself...."does black suit a car of that age?"

Your choice though.

Yes i do think that black suits a car of this age.

Where in Rhyl do you live? I only live down the road in Prestatyn..

Edited by Snowy

Do you know I was going to suggest black myself but didn't get round to it last night and now I've been beaten to it!

Looks great with the chrome and would match the beige interior. Only drawback is black is a very critical colour if the panels aren't ripple and dink-free.

My second choice (before someone else gets in) is silver, again matches the interior a bit more forgiving on older panels and I'm put in mind of the special edition 2 door they did as a run-out limited edition which was a silver only "L" spec with GL external trim.

I'm really jealous someone is getting some time in, I'm decorating the lounge presently and my Ascona is abandoned!

Edited by stradacab

• 1 month later...