At last i've got it!! exclusive coupe

0peli400

well i got it at last, it has been off the road since 05 but it has been kept in the dry. it needs some welding (hey its an exclusive[:D]) i hope to have it on the road in a few weeks, i'm not after a show car just something i can use everyday. does anyone know the car??

mantacoupe005.jpg

mantacoupe004.jpg

mantacoupe003.jpg

mantacoupe002.jpg

mantacoupe001.jpg

location: north wales. mcrae tribute http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TSu-D1W2wA

photo6009.jpg000_0076_edited.jpg

colintribute.jpg

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely but rather to skid in sideways beer in hand, chocolate in the other body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "What a Ride!"

it needs both chassis rails doing but it came with repair sections from DR MANTA, also needs a couple of plates on the floors, its had sills in the past sometime. the roof has a fair few bubbles but wont cause any MOT probs, both doors have rust scabs and where the rear panel meets the boot floor is a bit crusty too. but its just what i was after, i wanted a manta i could use everyday, and i found one[:D]

it is defo staying this colour as i think its one of the best a manta came in.

it will be staying pretty much standard, might fit some lucas 2020s though.

i might be doin a bit on it tomorrow, if i do i'll get more pics up.

i hope to have the MOT done be the end of the month, as i say it will never be a minter but i just want a manta on the road again[:)]

colintribute.jpg

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely but rather to skid in sideways beer in hand, chocolate in the other body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "What a Ride!"

quote: id have the exclusive wheels or simply paint the centres of the ones you have the same colour as the car
id="quote">id="quote">

Them thar are exclusive wheels! IIRC the starmist black exclusive had silver wheels fitted. Personally I think the anthracite wheels may look a bit much on the dark car.

If what I say can be taken in 2 ways and one of those ways get you angry....I meant it the other way

e-mail : mark_gunning@yahoo.co.uk

manta.jpg

OMOC 5817

i've seen a blue exclusive coupe in an old mantamagic mag from 04, i think that is F282 LGS. i'll try and dig it out to check.

colintribute.jpg

thanks for that 1900SR, it cool that there are a few still about with very close reg numbers[8D]

i've just found the one in an old mantamagic, its a blue coupe F282 LGS, it was (or still is) owned be geoff twist.

colintribute.jpg

I remembered Seans number plate, and knew it was F250 LGS, also there used to be another monaco blue coupe in the club reg F252 LGS, i believe this car was exported some years ago when the owner moved abroad, im sure Sean will remember this.

chrisb

i have got some history with the car, it was on the exclusive register, i'll go through the paper work tomorrow to see what else i can find out about it.

i will be keeping these wheels on it till i can find a set of ATS cups at a good price.

i don't think its had a full respray but it has had new front wings at some point, i will get the correct red decals at some point as i think it'll look better with them.

i'm very, very happy with the car[:)][:)]

colintribute.jpg

Hi Yes ChrisB your right my car is f250 lgs and if you look in welcome new members you will see the other car from this family the white f249 lgs.

As it says in that post I did do some Digging as to the cars origins years ago and found a few things out about them but basically if my info is correct they used to be the vaux/opel show cars that did the big ones like the motorshow and pressdays all the other lgs's were used by directors and other top'ish dogs from the Luton plant.

• Like 1

thanks for that info bud.

i've just had a look at the papers i had with the car and found a letter from the exclusive register dated 21st april 1993, in that letter it says this car is the opel/GM exclusive coupe, (not an irmscher one) it was built in 1987 at plant No.1, antwerp in belgium.

also i found the six year anti-perforation warranty certificate from when it was new, on that the owners name is VAUXHALL MOTORS LTD, LUTON!

pretty cool eh[:)]

colintribute.jpg

Sounds like you have the same sort of history with your car as I got with mine as I have papers with Vaux Luton on also and sales invoice to them also.

The only strange thing then is that I also have a cert from the register and mine came back as an Irmscher exc??

Oh well its good that all three are still going strong.

A18.jpg

This is mine a few years ago now as its changed abit since this pic

tidy manta you have there fjz400[8D]

do you know if yours was fitted with engelmanns from new?? i ask coz mine has had them fitted at some time.

here is a pic of the exclusive register certificate

mantacoupe2013.jpg

colintribute.jpg

Dan nice manta mate will have to pop up andlook at that one its looks like a good one, What will you be doing with the other Coupe ie Red one do you still have it ???

Im looking for a Coupe i can use every day thus dosent have to be mint and not to do as a Rally car, just as a bit of fun at the weekends etc etc

Cheers Dave aka Daishag Rallying 07835971713

If aint sideways you aint trying hard enough !

Hi mate, yeah i still got the red coupe, i'm just slow working on it! i will finish her though!!

the starmist one ain't nowhere as good as the red one and never will be, but it'll be ideal for an everyday car.

are you willing to travel for a coupe? coz i was offerd 2 exclusives a couple of months ago, only promlem is they are down london way. i think they were only 400quid though!

location: north wales. McRae tribute http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TSu-D1W2wA

small.jpg000_0076_edited.jpg

colintribute.jpg

Hi mate, that is my old car, i wondered if it was the one you were getting.

I bought it from Billing in 2001, it was very rusty and i knocked the guy down from £1000 to £500.At the time it had i200 decals on it.

It drove really well, 97000miles on it but the suspension was very hard, i put spax springs on it. I sold it in 2003 for £750 when i bought a 16v exclusive, glad to see it is still alive!

1987 Exclusive coupe

membership no.3613

One more thing, it has had a full respray, cost me £500 in 2002,it also had a rear arch repair panel and 2 newish wings as the originals were shot. I also bought a genuine exclusive back box for it from Vauxhall.

I have loads of old photo's of it if you are interested.

1987 Exclusive coupe

membership no.3613

cheers for that starmist[smile.gif] its not done much miles since you sold it, its still got less than 100k on it. its had the suspension put back to standard now. was it you that had the new sills fitted or the guy you sold it to?? it will be back on the road very soon.

i'd love to see some old pics of it, if you could email them to me that would be great, this is my addy {C}cke_protected_2}

cheers mate[wink.gif]

location: north wales. McRae tribute {C}http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TSu-D1W2wA{C}
small.jpg000_0076_edited.jpg
colintribute.jpg

Edited by 0peli400

I didn't have the sills done so they may have been done since.

Did the previous owner also have a 16v manta?

Shortly after i sold it the new owner had all the brake pipes renewed so at least they should all be ok.

None of my photo's were on digital so i will have to scan them in first.

Are the front tyres still 185's instead of 195's as these went on new when i sold it.(Avon zz3's?)They looked alittle small.

1987 Exclusive coupe

membership no.3613