16V Monaco Blue Coupe

garymanc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

had the coupe's mot today

it passed

just having the rear brake's adjusted ,then she's perfect again mechanically.

the tester commented to my mate who took it ...it's like a tank underneath

and who has been busy with the waxoil

• 7 months later...

not updated this for a while ,but i extended the sunroof front pipes .

i also did a little test with a bottle in rainy weather it collected about 50 milliliters just from one pipe.

drain.jpg

forgot to take a finished picture,but the hole was drilled just infront off jacking point.

then all covered up with a set off clives black kick panels ;)

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

done a dumb thing today :lol:

knackered the scuttle panel ,bonnet hinges and 400 bonnet it helps if you fasten your bonnet before going 60 mph

will post some pictures asap

as it hard to see when the bonnet is infront off the windscreen.

plus its mot time tommoz.... will have to have a think about its future because its state is getting on my wick :angry:

:o:( ouch ,thats got to be a kick in jewels ,remember somthin similar on an old tub i used to smoke round in , scary times , have you managed to get the clench marks out of your recaros, at least you still here to tell the tail, hope you gonna pull her back to glory

:o:( ouch ,thats got to be a kick in jewels ,remember somthin similar on an old tub i used to smoke round in , scary times , have you managed to get the clench marks out of your recaros, at least you still here to tell the tail, hope you gonna pull her back to glory

yeah i pulled the hinges out with my other car annd a rachet strap :lol:

the only scarey thing was the damage to the bonnet,will be getting back to glory by a man who can,, when he can fit it in........ thanks gary :thumbup

• 6 months later...

car now its way to ambleside to get some proper work done thanks to drew, north west opel spares for taking it on.

and it will return all the same coulor as well :thumbup

Edited by garymanc

Hi Gary,

Hope you get back to Manta normality soon, or is there such a thing :rolleyes: I use pins in 400 bunnet and also placed in catch to still use existing keeper.As found without centre owe bunnet still wanted tae gang sky ward/flex or maby awe should slow doon awe tad :D

hi rab , i have put one off them hooks on off a old bonnet and one bonnet pin just in case it also has the catch to fit the original bonnet catch made by big cliff.

its only my memory what can fail now :lol:

heres a list off jobs that need doing

very small holes near servo and washer bottle and one hole bigger than it should be were the rear spoiler end bolts to body

jacking point and above drivers side sill to be replaced as its only going to go soon and around the rear boot seal

swap a door

and off course the things what were my fault the inner wing and scuttle panel and bonnet hindges and a few other bits and bobs like messy wiring,fuel pump mounting and back box

the normal manta stuff really

and what else andy finds then a lick off paint

i dont know what he is going to do after dinner though :lol:

hi rab , i have put one off them hooks on off a old bonnet and one bonnet pin just in case it also has the catch to fit the original bonnet catch made by big cliff.

its only my memory what can fail now :lol:

heres a list off jobs that need doing

very small holes near servo and washer bottle and one hole bigger than it should be were the rear spoiler end bolts to body

jacking point and above drivers side sill to be replaced as its only going to go soon and around the rear boot seal

swap a door

and off course the things what were my fault the inner wing and scuttle panel and bonnet hindges and a few other bits and bobs like messy wiring,fuel pump mounting and back box

the normal manta stuff really

and what else andy finds then a lick off paint

i dont know what he is going to do after dinner though :lol:

Yup, jist normality of Manta life :) jist hope when I re do mi carpets i200 I do not find any surprises lurking below.

Mind floor was cleaned back to bare then lathered wi red lead and toppped aff wi smooth coat Hamerite so touch wood and awe fingers and toes crossed it has done thi trick,underside treated wi what we pit on steel columns that go deep intae thi ground and coat owe stone chip :rolleyes:

i stripped and painted the floor with that red oxide stuff the other week will give it a paint with hammerite when it comes back and might not put the carpets back in but yet to decide that one. painted underneath with bollard paint hard as hell and like painting with treacle.

lets hope you only find loose change under the carpet B)

i stripped and painted the floor with that red oxide stuff the other week will give it a paint with hammerite when it comes back and might not put the carpets back in but yet to decide that one. painted underneath with bollard paint hard as hell and like painting with treacle.

lets hope you only find loose change under the carpet B)

:D loose change nae chance AM AWE TIGHT WAD B)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

just digging this thread back up ..........all jobs now done,also lsd axel fitted thanks to drew (andy turner) north west opel spares also fresh mot and taxed this morning.

will post pictures of the masters work when he brings her back :D