1.8 exclusive hatch

Shug

I got hold of this car minus it's engine, gearbox and head lights.

100_0884.jpg

100_0885.jpg

So put a GTE engine and gearbox in this morning.

100_0883.jpg

I thought i had an injection tank but cant find it. So the plan is to just get it up and running for now on a carb.

Trouble is i dont have a carb, can anyone help?

Thanks

000_0260.jpg

Theres a new solex on ebay at the moment I think.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMOC #5988

hmackay at opel-manta.com

sigpic.JPG

I hae a few guid reasons for drinkin’

And yin juist entered ma heid

If a man canna’ drink while he’s livin’

Hoo the Hell can he drink when he’s deid!

I think i have a reasonable injection tank, I say reasonable because it has been repaired but it didnt leak after fixing and was all painted up and looks ok still. no grot round the tank straps, it was a breather that rusted out so i cut it off and patched it up.

....Been stuck in airports, terrorized

Sent to meetings, hypnotized

Overexposed, commercialized....

If you want MY injection tank Id say hmmm about £30. Sound good? I dont know how much they fetch. Im not far away from crewe (bout 20 miles away) Im taking it off the car this weekend so let me know asap if you want it as I need the room!

Cheers.

------------

Drift on!!!!

Got all the wiring sorted out now. Having to move the alternator and starter motor wiring over to the other side is a pain.

Got a manifold from Lewis, thanks again. Just need a carb now.

I have sorted a tank out with Paul Newport now thanks.

000_0260.jpg

Would a carbed GTE be the same output as the standard 1.8S and wouldn't this exclusive have had alloy wheels originally. It should be cheaper to insure, but it's anyone's guess if it really will be. If it's still V5'd as a 1.8 I'd be tempted to neglect mentioning anything else.

banner.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/rick_manta

All i'm trying to do is put another manta back on the road as cheap as possible. I'm not creating a show winner, just a daily driver.

Insurance wont be a problem I had my mk3 cortina 1300 insured with footman james. When i stuck a 2l pinto and five speed box in they were still happy to insure me. Think i ended up paying an extra £17. That was mainly for admin aswell!.

Done a bit more work today. Just need a carb, fuel pump and regulator now really.

100_0887.jpg

000_0260.jpg

quote:Originally posted by mickappy

1800 exclusives came with these steel wheels. and no recaro interior

either[:0] all ya got was irmscher twin lights, steering wheel.

and exclusive decals[:D]

omoc member 5918- 400r trackday turbo on its way.... http://www.vxopel.com/

id="quote">id="quote">

yes my exclusive hatch came with those style steel wheels, quad lights, irmsher steering wheel and the later bumper with number plate in it.

------------

Drift on!!!!

Found a webber carb in the back of the garage. It's a 32/36 DVG. So i think it's come off a 2l pinto. Although they were nearly always DGAVs.

So it fitted on the manifold so i have put it on. All i need now is the fuel pump and regulator.

100_0888.jpg

100_0889.jpg

100_0890.jpg

000_0260.jpg

Found a weber in the back of your garage, Lucky find. With the saving of buying a carb you could get a new fuel pump and regulator, maybe a facet one so it'll be very reliable.

quote:Originally posted by Sutty2006

id="quote">id="quote">

yes my exclusive hatch came with those style steel wheels, quad lights, irmsher steering wheel and the later bumper with number plate in it.

id="quote">id="quote">

Were the later mantas a bit 'mixed' then? My 1.8 exclusive hatch came with the gte type 14" wheels, irmscher lights, bumper, steering wheel and unlike snowys one here it had side skirts too.

banner.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/rick_manta

Your car could have had them from new. You could spec the car to suit what you wanted.

I have had the engine running before i fitted the carb with the aid of some easy start.

Bidding on ebay right now for a used facet pump and king filter/regulator.

000_0260.jpg

Get hold of a normal 1900 mechanical fuel pump and fit it to the timing chain case where the casting blank is, you will have to drill it out but i have done this very successfully before using a drill and the hoover stuffed down the dizzy hole so if catches the swarf and sucks it away.

the dizzy will have the drive cam on it, they all do, problem solved, you wont need a regulator as these pumps are quite low pressure anyway.

Just get a gasket and mark the centre hole, then drill it out, i had a 2.2 running like this for years.

The alloy is quite thin and soft so its no big deal to drill it. i think i used one of those step drills, The hoover is vital though, you dont want swarf in the engine.

Ideal !!!

I like the fact that despite the fact all the later cars have injection they still left the cam on the dizzy drive shaft.

Also like the fact that you had a mechanical fuel pump to hand.