Mancona hatch now Finished!! Aug 2017

Kevin Abbott

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Been a while since I posted on this thread so thought I'd update it. After completing the mancona build I managed to get a good few weeks useage out of it. However I just couldn't get it to run correctly on its injection system. So that was pulled off and with the help of the legend Mr rutter a pair of webbers and H&H ignition was added. We managed to get another few weeks out of it before the weather cought up with us. So it was parked in the garage 18 months ago and has not turned a wheel since then. I've got some plans for it this coming summer I want to pull the engine, remove cross member and rear axle for painting as they never was done. While the engine is out I'll strip it and do a full rebuild on it and also paint the whole under side too. Then I want to get it to a rolling road and get it properly set up. Watch this space 😎

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Edited by ANDY ABBOTT
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Well it was finished.  Then we decided to drop another engine in it. Starter wire touched earth.  Fire fire fire. 

Fire out. Now pissing water from the head. 

New head gasket. Small jobs to do.  Won’t make not billing again 😐

• Like 1

@Kevin: Looks like you have a lot of spares laying around. Billing is also something on my "wanted to do" list, never had the possibility.

@Danny: Not so sure about your copy-right, pic of one of the Manta's in the eighties with selfmade set of skirts 😁:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, bris jas said:

Andy, your car looked great the weekend. Paint job is spot on and i was very impressed with the sunroof.

Well done for getting it done in time for Sywell, i may of put a cheeky vote on it😉

Thanks mate, very much appreciated. It was far from perfect but the main thing to me was getting it there. I've lots of things to iron out and many improvements to make for next year 😎

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hmmmm so here we are again. The engine above didn't end up getting rebuilt as another engine cane up for Sale. I agreed on a price with the chap who I've know for many years and he was into racing dutton kit cars. However a week or so after we had agreed on the sale he suddenly passed away and I've not wanted to approach he's wife about it for obvious reasons. Anyhow just over 2 years later and we made contact and the engine was still there and we honoured the deal. The engine is a great spec, fully rebuild with forged pistons/rods, ARP bolt kit, fully rebuild head, big valves  ported, Q420 cams, webber 48s and piper vernior pullies. It also came with a dry sump kit which I'm not going to use so will be sold off. I've stripped it down and began painting and tidying it up ready for dropping into the car. 😎

• Like 2

Very unique lookin car, bet it gets lots of people confused, is it a Lancia? 

48 Webber's it is then. 

Is there a chance to test cars at sywell?

Be great to see power difference with xe's with throttle bodies, Weber's and injections. But there is a lot of other factors, gearing, diffs, wheels and tyres. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...