Jump to content

Kevin Abbott

OMOC Members
  • Content count

    3,024
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    143

Kevin Abbott last won the day on November 2

Kevin Abbott had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

1,290 Excellent

3 Followers

About Kevin Abbott

  • Rank
    North West Area Rep

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Weir, Nr Burnley, Lancs
  • Interests
    Mantas, teeth, beer
  • Name
    Kevin Abbott
  1. D Reg GTE Hatch, full MOT, £6250

  2. D Reg GTE Hatch, full MOT, £6250

    This for sale topic may not yet available be for your usergroup
  3. Early 1800 coupe restoration

    Yea send me some pics and I’ll have a look
  4. Early 1800 coupe restoration

    Cheers, yes reprotech do them but they are rubber. the early cars were plastic and I would say they are better. I made them using a 2 part pourable silicone rubber, the original items were boxed in wax, set at an angle they could be reproduced at ( think release and casting lines) then 2 part silicone poured around them, wait until set, remove, mix a 2 part acrylic and pour that into the mould, wait to pre set, put in autoclave in a warm water bath, pressurise to 2 bar, wait 20 mins, remove from autoclave, release from mould, trim using micromotor (£600) polish using burs and pumice, wiper with monomer. paint, drill fixing hole.... done
  5. 1984 red hatch

    If this was nearer that would be on a trailer now
  6. Early 1800 coupe restoration

    Hi. I could tell you but it takes materials used in bulk that cost around £200. The hydroflask is about £400 and the lab is about 20 grand I can make them to order at £30 a set inc post. I can reproduce some items using the same method too. Show me what you require.
  7. Early 1800 coupe restoration

    Some more progress made. Wiring loom had a crappy alarm butchered in so I took that out. Honestly, it was wires wrapped into wires. I probably have the receipt for it in the file. loom laid out and rough additions and bodged wiring fixed all engine bay earths to be replaced. All new brake pipes. Painrted servo and MS pipes p clipped into place plenty of parts painted and replaced bolts cleaned nuts cleaned new self tappers in black and zinc pressure valve cleaned and polished new volt reg gauge in new led dash lights in all switches and dash engine bay sticker added from the club and other graphics from the club to go on (many thanks to Paul B ) vent mesh painted block back into engine bay head on new gaskets all over new water pump washer bottle cleaned and bracket painted sump off . Cleaned out. New gasket. Back on. I found that the centaur had solid glass guides in the back edges of the doors so I removed them. Took them to my Laboratory and I made a silicone mould using them as templates, and used that to cast new ones in acrylic . Then autoclaved them to set them without porosity and trimmed them up then painted them satin black they fit very well
  8. Early 1800 coupe restoration

    Not much progress due to hunting parts and having the wrong ones delivered. Andy moving into a new house and a uni assignment for me put us back. Parts bill keeps going up though boot edge painted as some bubbles were coming through. More paint required as the bonnet and wings need painting.
  9. DASH BULBS

    Yep I replaced my number plate lights with generic ones in the correct width. I used two instead of 3 Dash lights I replaced with T5 wedge LEDs. I used red in mine and it looks mint at night. Blue. Red. Yellow. Green. White available. A couple of quid for 10
  10. Early 1800 coupe restoration

    It was a non runner due to rottern lines and a part completed cam belt job
  11. Early 1800 coupe restoration

    Ah, I thought the valves looked bigger. Thanks for the pic. I wouldn't know how to measure the compression ratio on a skimmed head
  12. Early 1800 coupe restoration

    I'll have to compare it to the spare head I have
  13. 2.0 gte air box

    Pug 205 GTi had the adaptor as standard and fits the manta airflow meter
×