Monaco Blue Exclusive Coupe

Looks nice! However, wondering why it needs a partial respray. 

Looking at the MOT history it might be worth checking the underside:

MOT history of this vehicle

• Test date1 April 2015
  • Expiry date7 April 2016
  • Test ResultPass
  • Odometer reading 5,109 miles
  • MOT test number 5693 7139 5024
  • Advisory notice item(s)
    Exhaust has a minor leak of exhaust gases (7.1.2)
    Offside Front Brake master cylinder/servo mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive (3.6.C.3)
    Oil leak
    vehicle under body corroded and heavily under sealed
Edited by Monaco Blue

A load of additional photos here: http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/opel/manta/233722

Looks very clean. I'm almost tempted myself!

Looking at the photos, just a few rust spots on the front of the bonnet and along the rear of the roof opening.

Edited by Monaco Blue

You're interested even when it says 

vehicle under body corroded and heavily under sealed?

Looks very nice in the photos, but that rings alarm bells for me personally. Don't know what the thick coat of underseal is covering up?

Worth a look if you're nearby, but good luck with that ....... ;-)

58 minutes ago, opelnz said:

You're interested even when it says 

Looks very nice in the photos, but that rings alarm bells for me personally. Don't know what the thick coat of underseal is covering up?

Worth a look if you're nearby, but good luck with that ....... ;-)

It would obviously need some careful investigation.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mike. said:

Back on e bay with a revision on price £3250.

I also notice it now says it needs a complete restoration:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Opel-Manta-Exclusive-2L-Coupe-GTE-/263142961756?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

"....This extremely rare Manta coupe does require I have been told a complete restoration, the interior is in very good condition and she also drives very well, If you have the knowledge (or know someone) and take your time I believe she is worth saving and putting back to her former glory, I have owned this vehicle for almost 3 years now but because of work commitments haven't got the time required she needs so has been sorn for 18 months and stored in my garage,  the pictures show she is not as bad as a few I have seen being total rust buckets ! To summarise you are buying a complete restoration project and is priced accordingly I have reduced my price dramatically based on what I was told so please no offers as allows several thousands of pounds and would still make a good investment as restored was advised should be worth £10/12k .I shall require a NON REFUNDABLE deposit pay pal of £250 with balance cash on collection , I will try and answer any questions you may have Thanks for looking".  

Edited by Monaco Blue

On 26/07/2017 at 12:49, Danny D114BCW said:

Thats one me and Carl rescued and sorted a good few years ago. Glad to see our hard work and thoroughness has paid off and he is happy with the car still, shame he has to sell it. A good solid car too. 

11 hours ago, Snowy said:

I have messaged the seller and he's said the car needs work to the chassis and inner wings. Sounds like it might be quite extensive. 

Sounds like a second chance for Dan to perform some magic on it again!

I am too busy otherwise I would of jumped at the chance. It needs a very good respray and welding but it wont be extensive. Its cheap at that price! 

When the exclusive coupe and gt/e hatch we are building are done I am having time off the restoring other cars, going to enjoy my new house and start to get mine stripped and start the work on it.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Danny D114BCW said:

I am too busy otherwise I would of jumped at the chance. It needs a very good respray and welding but it wont be extensive. Its cheap at that price! 

When the exclusive coupe and gt/e hatch we are building are done I am having time off the restoring other cars, going to enjoy my new house and start to get mine stripped and start the work on it.

That's a pity. A missed opportunity perhaps but other things have a habit of getting in the way.

As you say, it does sound cheap now despite the work required.