Endless headack

philip1971

Endless headaches, first bord out of my brains sitting on me holss , to much to do nobody to find local, i've never nown it so hard to find a person to do a big car strip down cannot find nobody . i've payed more in storage than in fresh air .any body no anybody local to me in geordie land , i know there are ones far a field .!!!!!

1 hour ago, mantadoc said:

You need to add up if looking for another year means storage costs are more than paying to ship tp a restorer less local.

You need to add up if looking for another year means storage costs are more than paying to ship tp a restorer less local.

Yes,i've 28 days and if i cannot x2 started i'll have to think of breaking my hart selling !

Just now, philip1971 said:

Yes,i've 28 days and if i cannot x2 started i'll have to think of breaking my hart selling !

years storage costs £500 last year then £300 so this year£800 

were u in the uk

Am I right in saying you have quite a few manta's,if so just pick the best one and sell the rest, because believe me it set me back years for having to many as there was only one i  was never going to sell and that was my original manta, i just stuck it in the corner and sometimes raided it for parts, (sorry)to keep others on the road.

But having said that your best bet might be to sell the whole lot you have and buy gordo's very respectable hatch,which you have recently commented on but you would need a loan first for that to be fair.:thumbup

Edited by evo3000

On 16/07/2017 at 15:14, philip1971 said:

Endless headaches, first bord out of my brains sitting on me holss , to much to do nobody to find local, i've never nown it so hard to find a person to do a big car strip down cannot find nobody . i've payed more in storage than in fresh air .any body no anybody local to me in geordie land , i know there are ones far a field .!!!!!

10 weeks then scrap parts body and panels all scrap coupe and hatches interior dash windows going to make tin can. 6 mantas and 18 months later and spent £6k later on everything u can think of. to make 3 crackers. going to get pleasure. 

i but got wot i won't from the beginning i said i was not in it for profit atal just for pleasure, i no i'm losing money, but iv kept important spare parts. and  not bothered about the cash loss just the gain of my dream sines 1979 and to 1986 to own the last ultimate manta hatch and coupe gte exclusives mostly thank to carl and co

Edited by philip1971

I appreciate you are not in it for profit, selling on parts doesn't need to be for profit, but if you are weighing in parts that would keep other mantas on the road that's a waste.  Completely yours to do with as you wish but still if they could help other Manta owners keep their car on the road it isn't really in keeping with the clubs aim of preserving Mantas

That said no one has cut up more Mantas than Manta enthusiasts over the years

Edited by mantadoc
  • Like 2

trouble is i live on a posh estate, but i'm not posh but i'm a council estate lad and proud of it. and it's the storage costs on top of the £6k wot has killed me and still. it working out with transport cost and everything in 18. months and odds and ends in total over £10 k , so i have to get everything cut down in great full to the club . but time waiting and holding on advertising costs more, i wouls not advise anybody to do it if you don't stick in and and go skint like iv done , bloody hard dream. welcome back to the real world for me.

Maybe one of the restorers would take a job lot who knows.  

When I had too many parts to store I just let people come and take what they could carry for free.  OK businesses or those representing them should pay as nothing worse than giving stuff away then see people making money from it which is not in the spirit.

• Like 1

I can give you chaps number who is about half a hour from Newcastle on the a69 who's good with old cars and he's a old bloke but he's good just retired. He would be the man done a job for me on a mark one Mexico for me.

Edited by E.motorspares