Rally Day 2017

Hi all, I've not been on here for a few years now but noticed Rallyday are celebrating 30 years of the last International Rally win for the Manta.

The Rallyday website says its trying to pull together the largest selection of road and rally Mantas.  I was wondering if any of my old cars were likely to be there?

B600 OEA -White i240

D600 DFK - Silver i240

C888 VWD - White i200

I've not seen any of these cars since the late 80's / early 90's and it would be lovely to be reunited with them. I've tried to keep track of their whereabouts over the past few years but haven't seen much posted about the cars on here recently. I beleive all three cars are now located in Ireland?

Woukd be lovely to see a nice collection of Manta's at this event.

Thanks in advance,

Adam.

Such a shame to see the old 240 looking like that. Albeit in good company with the Ascona. I have been in touch with Steve Titmus who explained the car is now located in Portsmouth.

We had the opportunity to buy back D600 DFK a few years back but were going through a 'Mini' phase and bought an old Cooper S instead (big mistake).

The last i heard, C888 VWD is now sitting in an air bubble along with some nice looking Fords.

I would love to see more recent photo's of these cars if anyone has any.

Rallyday is a cracking day and attracts big crowds and some lovely cars. As per the link above 23rd Sept at Castle Combe.

Cheers,

Adam.

Such a shame to see the old 240 looking like that. Albeit in good company with the Ascona. I have been in touch with Steve Titmus who explained the car is now located in Portsmouth.

We had the opportunity to buy back D600 DFK a few years back but were going through a 'Mini' phase and bought an old Cooper S instead (big mistake).

The last i heard, C888 VWD is now sitting in an air bubble along with some nice looking Fords.

I would love to see more recent photo's of these cars if anyone has any.

Rallyday is a cracking day and attracts big crowds and some lovely cars. As per the link above 23rd Sept at Castle Combe.

Cheers,

Adam.

AG31.jpg

If you book a club stand it costs £18 pp in advance, that's a lot of money to shell out with no guarantee that people will turn up especially if the weather was inclement.

Due to rally day being so popular then it is likely that an OMOC club stand would be situated outside of the circuit in one of the car park areas as suggested on their booking form.

One solution may be for the club to book say a 12 car stand at a cost of £216 from club funds then get those that want to put their car on the stand to pay the club back.

Another solution would be for all interested people to meet up at Leigh Delamare services on the M4 by JCT 17 & then convoy into Castle Combe to ensure we all enter the car park together & are parked together.

The guy who I spoke to at Market Harborough Simon Powell wanted Manta 400's or 400R's to turn up in numbers if possible & was looking to possibly have the club Gazebo & flags there.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

This all looks very tempting. 

I'm very curious if there is any news. Would like to go but cause I am from Belgium I need some time to plan some things.

Booking the ferry, also looking for a hotel where I can park my 400 of the street on a safe location. 

Driving left is not so difficult, been several times in the UK and in Africa they drive also on the left site. 

But driving left with the 400 will be something else...

So if there is any progress let us know, even the misses is interested!

• Like 1

On 26/07/2017 at 09:19, Rapierdave said:

If you book a club stand it costs £18 pp in advance, that's a lot of money to shell out with no guarantee that people will turn up especially if the weather was inclement.

Due to rally day being so popular then it is likely that an OMOC club stand would be situated outside of the circuit in one of the car park areas as suggested on their booking form.

One solution may be for the club to book say a 12 car stand at a cost of £216 from club funds then get those that want to put their car on the stand to pay the club back.

Another solution would be for all interested people to meet up at Leigh Delamare services on the M4 by JCT 17 & then convoy into Castle Combe to ensure we all enter the car park together & are parked together.

The guy who I spoke to at Market Harborough Simon Powell wanted Manta 400's or 400R's to turn up in numbers if possible & was looking to possibly have the club Gazebo & flags there.

• Like 1

Yep - read all that before! 3 or 4 solutions there but no comms as to what if anything HAS been organised 

Happy to meet at the services as highlighted, but as I said I don't why the OMOC wouldNt want to have a strong official presence when the 400 is being specifically celebrated at this event - also don't think £216 would exactly have been a stretch out of club funds..  

i assumed the etiquette here is that the local area would organise , if that isn't the case then I'll happily ensure the club is properly represented and that all members are given the chance to participate in 2018 but don't want to tread on any toes

13 hours ago, Kenny400 said:

Yep - read all that before! 3 or 4 solutions there but no comms as to what if anything HAS been organised 

Happy to meet at the services as highlighted, but as I said I don't why the OMOC wouldNt want to have a strong official presence when the 400 is being specifically celebrated at this event - also don't think £216 would exactly have been a stretch out of club funds..  

i assumed the etiquette here is that the local area would organise , if that isn't the case then I'll happily ensure the club is properly represented and that all members are given the chance to participate in 2018 but don't want to tread on any toes

I am on holiday for two weeks before Rally day  so did not organise anything locally as apart from one local member no one locally seemed that interested to commit  when i asked them at market Harborough.

You wont be treading on any toes Kenny if you want to organise a stand for next year or organise a meet up point for this year to enable those that want to go to convoy in.

We have one local member in Bristol who is planning to go (Jason Honey) & if my flight home is not delayed then i may attend. I'll take a look at the forum & facebook when i return home to see if any thing has been organised.

If you do decide to meet up & convoy in to ensure parking together then the best place is here

http://www.chippenhampitstop.com/

This is situated just off Jct 17 of the M4 & is better located for meeting up before Castle Combe, it is advertised as a Truck stop but cars are allowed as well.