Help

Dear all you manta but heads, happy manta head ack day . If you are like me it's a decease these cars ,you buy one and start to repair it as a project . Then it never gets started because you see another one and then on and there on. Then you either run out of space or costs you to store them or you don't tell the wife . And then it either pan over the head or a devorse .but getting to the point is there anybody in durham Sunderland areas good at doing resturation at a respective price , because iv got to many thing to do but little time to do it. Please if anybody knows of anybody it will help me out. Then I'll be able to try the dating game again . And be able to have a clear mind instead of finding metal and 4 wheels more attractive and treating it like a princess.ps it's already cos me one marriage .but iv never mested about behind any lasses back in my life .but the frying pan hurts and kitchen knife and the kettle and any other gear there , you no wot womens tempers are like to use poor mid life crisis men . It hurts.

My ex was a black belt in karate, I came in after a few jars and tiptoed in like you do...(was only 11ish) I was peckish so went for a tub of pringles but the lid popped off and hit the foor :ph34r: next thing she'd darted down the stairs and punched me right in the chops, not sure me then laughing and saying that's the second hardest I've been hit helped her mood much :lol:

Know what you mean as I keep wanting to buy more even though I have hardly touched the one I have got! My current Mrs is a Geordie lass and has a bit of a temper but thankfully a lot milder than the pocket sized Stockport Ninja :rolleyes:

My Bosses Dad has a garage around that area and was restoring classics, not sure if he's retired now but I'll check for you.

Edited by TheRealExile
more added

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2017 at 20:10, philip1971 said:

Dear all you manta but heads, happy manta head ack day . If you are like me it's a decease these cars ,you buy one and start to repair it as a project . Then it never gets started because you see another one and then on and there on. Then you either run out of space or costs you to store them or you don't tell the wife . And then it either pan over the head or a devorse .but getting to the point is there anybody in durham Sunderland areas good at doing resturation at a respective price , because iv got to many thing to do but little time to do it. Please if anybody knows of anybody it will help me out. Then I'll be able to try the dating game again . And be able to have a clear mind instead of finding metal and 4 wheels more attractive and treating it like a princess.ps it's already cos me one marriage .but iv never mested about behind any lasses back in my life .but the frying pan hurts and kitchen knife and the kettle and any other gear there , you no wot womens tempers are like to use poor mid life crisis men . It hurts.

I know what you mean with this post. I'm 26 and always been into classic vauxhall/opel cars. Bought my first manta a few months ago misses wasn't happy then. To top it off when I told her I was going to Somerset last weekend to pick another one up world war 3 erupted. Didn't stop me from travelling from saltburn to cheddar gorge to buy the second one. Women just don't understand that new cars are boring to drive. She pushed me to buy a new ish family car so I bought an E60 5 series bmw. The cars to comfortable for my liking. She won't even drive it, should of not listened to her and bought the mk2 cavalier sri I was intending to but but my life wouldn't of been worth living. Ha

U breaking the 3 up northumberland way, i went down to kent for 1 . 1 from scotland,1 from birmingham,and 3 from burnley off carl 5 exclusive g t e and 1berlinetta 4 are hatches two coupes exclusives but one is getting chopped up for the parts from the mint one, and two hatchs the same to for parts .spent with transport and storage over 18 months near £10 k no more in the 80s used to buy em &200 quid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, philip1971 said:

U breaking the 3 up northumberland way, i went down to kent for 1 . 1 from scotland,1 from birmingham,and 3 from burnley off carl 5 exclusive g t e and 1berlinetta 4 are hatches two coupes exclusives but one is getting chopped up for the parts from the mint one, and two hatchs the same to for parts .spent with transport and storage over 18 months near £10 k no more in the 80s used to buy em &200 quid.

No I have two gte coupes a white one and red one. Breaking the red one but putting a 4.4 v8 in the white one. Something a little different.

1 hour ago, Mantacoupe91 said:

No I have two gte coupes a white one and red one. Breaking the red one but putting a 4.4 v8 in the white one. Something a little different.

Are any of the bits from the red one for sale? After the plastic inner sill covers and door rubbers, centre console screw cover, rear boot spoiler, I think I have all my bits then for my coupe jigsaw :rolleyes: