Crossmember brace bush

cam.in.head

Hi all. Just a quick one.ive removed the crossmember brace bush to replace the metal sleeve in the arm new sleeve now made and fitted.im now ready to refit the rubber but aside from the proper gm tool to refit it how does some members on here refit them.im assuming something to compress the outer top hat to allow it to enter the bush .then draw in as normal with rods etc. This is what im aiming for unless someone has an idea that ive not thought of ? Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. That was not easy but managed it. Just out of curiosity thou i have one question to everyone on here. Whats happening to the site ? . I remember not too long ago you could come on here and find loads of new content to read through in various subjects and spend an entire evening ,every evening reading through and repliyng to peoples problems etc. It seemed a very busy place / forum. Has everybody sold their cars / quit the forum nowadays cos you can stay off for a week or so snd then come on and expect loads of unread content but only to find a few new bits. (Im on the omega forum too and there are constant stuff appearing on there all the time).even when people put questions on there used to be loads of replies ,some within minutes of posting.plus an annoying thing on here now is that parts of the forum dont work right anymore and you cant always post answers .especially in the parts wanted bit ? .? .?.my guess to all this and i hope im wrong is that people are leaving this forum and just going on facebook .to quote the words of sheriff buford t justice.'what the hell is the world coming to ! '

Edited by cam.in.head

I agree. The forum has gone very quiet in recent times. I too remember when there were loads of new posts to read every day (or at least every second day)!   I agree with Sheriff Buford T. Justice's comment! :D  

Edited by Berlinetta

yeah i thought facebook might have something to do with it. im not on facebook and dont ever intend to be as im sure is the same with many other members.surely not just me that hates facebook!.blimey that word gets used a lot!. ive heard from friends who are on other car forums that is happening too.the omega forum is still mainly normal at the moment but who knows how long. a friend on the viva forum says its getting bad and last time i tried to go on the totalcarlton  site you couldnt even access anything at all.anyway thanks to those who have replied and any comments on how you managed fitting crossmember bushes (normal type) . many thanks. 

Bugger Facebook. Forum is better as we have control over it. club holds the rules not someone in Donald Trump land! I bet this forum has been going longer than Facebook as well !

Anyway I'm posting all the time! and ive just posted a nice little one in Engine tech support with picture :D.

On ‎17‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 17:41, cam.in.head said:

Hi all. Just a quick one.ive removed the crossmember brace bush to replace the metal sleeve in the arm new sleeve now made and fitted.im now ready to refit the rubber but aside from the proper gm tool to refit it how does some members on here refit them.im assuming something to compress the outer top hat to allow it to enter the bush .then draw in as normal with rods etc. This is what im aiming for unless someone has an idea that ive not thought of ? Cheers.

Is this the lower wishbone attachment bush? I had a pig with some of these bushes as I fitted Super Pro poly bushes all around. I know on one of them I chamfered the lead edge to get it started and used a hydraulic press.

I haven't posted on here for a while as I haven't been near my car properly for years due to ill health. I have taken the cover off the car this year and also managed to boil the battery earlier in the year while charging it (Doh :wacko:). I will be posting up some spares for sale soon as I need to declutter my collection of parts. My car head is slowly returning so I hope to be out and about in the distant future.

Defo a Farcebook killing the forum zone. Everyone wants the answer yesterday and nobody wants to pay for anything they can get free.

I have a Farcebook account but hardly use it as I find the drivel on there just repeating over and over again. Those FB lawyers, politicians and activists need culling from time to time (lol) I read it on the bog to pass time away so mostly toilet humour to me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The General said:

Bugger Facebook. Forum is better as we have control over it. club holds the rules not someone in Donald Trump land! I bet this forum has been going longer than Facebook as well !

Anyway I'm posting all the time! and ive just posted a nice little one in Engine tech support with picture :D.

Forum ran out of space years ago and the response was to just dump content over a certain age.hence lots of historical info is gone forever.

All the old Manta Magic used to be on an FTP site and that disappeared and is slowly being rebuilt. However, it lacks a lot of the old content too, so you can't even find them in old magazines.  

Bit if a regrettable state

^Ships already sailed when content was dumped historically.

That said even Rab has gone to facebook because he hit his upload quota, but that is more an issue of people having no idea how big pics are and not resizing before upload.

World we live in, everyone wants to be ignorant of technology and have it just work

• Like 1