Manta chrome bumper

Dave1958

Hi 

Wanted a Manta srb coupe chrome bumper version to help me relive my youth when I had a 1978 coupe back in the day . 

Willing to pay a reasonable price and will cherish the car and be grateful to any member that connects me with a nice car . 

Only just joined the club so any help will be appreciated 

Dave 

• Like 1

Hi David

Welcome to the club, Chrome bumpered Manta B coupes are rare beasts these days & don't very often come up for sale.

A good place to come & see some nice Manta's is at the annual VBOA show at Market Harborough showground over the weekend of 8th & 9th July, sometimes you get people who put a car up for sale.

If you can afford it buy the best you can as they can be money pits to restore 

• Like 1

Hi David 

Thanks for the reply .I will take a look at that show . 

Apart from the club and classic car adverts are there any other places to look other than the obvious auction sites ? 

If you know any members with one perhaps you would be kind enough to pass on my interest in buying one which will be wrapped in cotton wool and preserved for ever . 

I miss my old one so much and must be going through a mid/ late life crisis .

Enjoy the sunshine 

Edited by Dave1958
Typo
  • Like 1

Hi Dave, welcome to the club!

I purchased my 1978 Manta 1.9SR Berlinetta Coupe in 2015 (after keeping a look-out for many years ..I last owned a Manta in 2000). Chrome-bumpered Mantas are getting thin on the ground nowadays, but the odd one does turn up for sale now-and-again. I recall a guy in Cork, Ireland with an ex-UK Manta for sale in 2014/2015 when I was looking for a suitable Manta. His car was mint and he was asking c.€10,000 for it. It was somewhat outside my 'Manta budget' at the time. It may still be for sale, he owned another Manta too.

A few other places worth looking - www.totalopel.com (Irish Opel Club website - free to join the forum), Opel Manta Owners Club facebook page, www.carandclassic.co.uk, www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk ....and if a left hand drive Manta is an option for you - there are many German, Dutch, Belgian Opel clubs and classic car sale websites to consider.

Happy Manta Hunting! :)

• Like 1

No its staying original for now. I've fitted a period radio cassette player and some new old stock pioneer box speakers on the parcel shelf and original rear mudflaps.  But plans have changed and due to health issues it might have to be sold but that's not certain yet.

• 1 month later...