96 Opel Calibra 2.0 16V Japanese import

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 08:11, Monaco Blue said:

Forgive me for raining on your post mate ,but I did spot this one weeks ago and this could be the best calibra on the market to buy at a price though,,but as danny says its an auto,which have their place,but its not a drivers car end of.:blink:

Edited by evo3000

1 hour ago, evo3000 said:

Forgive me for rainning on your post mate ,but I did spot this one weeks ago and this could be the best calibra on the market to buy at a price though,,but as danny says its an auto,which have their place,but its not a drivers car end of.:blink:

No problem.

As you say, it could be the best on the market. Agreed re the auto, but somebody might not be too bothered. I'd imagine it has led a pampered life in Japan. 

One wonders if any Manta's found there way to Japan! The same thought occurred to me about Malta and Cyprus as both would be RHD. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Just noticed that this is still for sale:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-INVESTABLE-VAUXHALL-CALIBRA-2-0-16V-AUTO-COUPE-ONLY-36000-MILES-IMPORT/352231338742?hash=item52029fb2f6:g:~pMAAOSwi8VZUSuH

Despite the protestations about it being an auto, I wouldn't say no. It could be a very shrewd purchase. Lovely colour & it does look good with an Opel Blitz on its nose. 

Edited by Monaco Blue

On 15/12/2017 at 23:24, Danny D114BCW said:

£6000! Though. 

It obviously not a steal at that money. Bang it on at £995 and get shot 😬😉

Perhaps not, but as I said previously it could be a shrewd purchase even at that price. There's not many rust free 1-owner low mileage Calibra's around these days. I'd imagine in a couple of years time the value of Calibra's like Manta's will be on the up. 

• Like 1