2 bits that don't work..

plumster

Determined to get back on the road this year, rebuild is almost complete, have bumpers to put on & passenger seat to fit, fired up today & running smooth & lovely, but....

the last two things.. Fog light doesn't work (not worked for 20 years) would maybe like to do the mod into rear light cluster & fuel guage is a non runner, suspect this is the sender as changed tanks & thing maybe sender unit is kaputt.

Mr Rutts is hopefully being dragged in to help me swap sender units from old to new tank & maybe even show me the Fog Light thing.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

It's definitely alive, thought it had died again but realised it had run out of fuel, oops.

Edited by plumster
spelling

more than likely a bad connection inside the fog light itself.remove lens snd check 12v present when on.if no voltage the wire goes directly back to the switch.pull switch from dash and check.there should be a negative for the illumination and a wire that goes live when main lights are on.third terminal goes live when fog switch is on.straight to back of car.only front fogs when fitted go via a relay,rear is direct .

51 minutes ago, mantadoc said:

^ Not quite true, at least on a Manta, there is a metal cased relay, like the rear heated window one except no fuse, in the fuse box.  That's how the no fog light with main beam logic works.

Is that not for the front fog light circuit?

4 hours ago, rutts said:

Stop messing about you dithering fool. 

Give me a ring or text when next going garage. 

You know me so well.... Got gigs Friday & Saturday night so will be alive by midday Sunday hopefully, I will ding you & see if you are around.

Or, come to Brown Cow on Livesey Branch Rd for the Saturday night gig.

Small steps, front bumper with new black strip thingy fitted tonight, all new nuts bolts & washers, all covered in the usual layer of grease. (Rutts loves it)

Also got a pair of repro rubber covers for the side brackets, very nice fit.

Yipee, fuel sender sorted, just had to redo the connection that goes to that poxy, little, broken, useless lug, drilled a tiny hole in the flange of the sender unit & connected wire to that, bingo.....

Rear fog can wait till next weekend.

And... tada, actually fitted one of my new wheels, the wolfies were a bit small with being 13" & a 60 series tyre, now going on 15" with 50 tyres, what do you reckon?