Rear disc brake kits

mantasrme

Bolt on rear disc brake kit for manta B axle, this uses the mk4 Astra discs and calipers.

590d8cf2205f7_Mantasportreardisckit.jpg.5b8b7e0ef626d1d0e776841ca60fcad9.jpg

£50 a set plus £5 postage or collection from Harrogate, N yorkshire

bracket-pic2.png.35f360b302bc0a6d487b3066b0513479.png

Can be used with either the mk4 astra handbrake cable, or standard manta handbrake cable (pics to follow)

• Like 8

Will this kit fit the a series axle? If so I'll have one as well please.

also does the astra disc need machining or drilling to fit, what year astra we looking for?

Edited by johnboy
Added question

PM's sent

These will fit the A series axle if it has the bigger axle in which was standard on 1.6/1.9 cars. Don't think they fit the smaller axled versions.

The disc is from a mk4 Astra (1998-2004) with 4 stud wheels they are 240mm x 10mm with a 57mm centre and 42mm offset these are readily available and very cheap for a pair.

The brake pads are from the same vehicle but you need to know if you have the alloy or steel calipers as the pad shape is different (steel are Lucas alloy are Bosch).

Just stay away from any of the 5 stud stuff as thats totally different on a mk4

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi, I am looking for ventilated rear brakes for my Opel Manta A that fits 13" wheels.

Do you know if the mk4 Astra discs are available as ventilated?

Your brake kit looks nice.

PM me the price for shipment to Copenhagen Denmark.

The mk4 discs are not available as vented discs, just solid. The kit will only fit the larger Manta Axle as found in the larger engined manta A's and all B's, not the smaller axle in the small engined A's.

As to fitting under 13" wheels i have not been able to check for clearance under a 13 rim as i do not own any to try. So i cannot currently advise on that i am afraid. Also different makes/models of 13" rim will have different clearance ability, what type have you got fitted to your car?

• 3 months later...

Kit arrived thank you, I get the idea of the spacer and then the caliper carrier piece but where does the full round one with the four holes go? Is it a retainer to hold the bearing in place and if so does it need to be fitted if not replacing the bearing?

• 2 weeks later...

Struggling to find mk4 Astra with discs in rear, tried 2 local scrappies today and no luck, does anyone know what other cars may use these calipers as they are just Bosch or Lucas calipers, presumably peugeot or maybe VW, or is it the carriers that are specific to the kit?

16 hours ago, johnboy said:

Struggling to find mk4 Astra with discs in rear, tried 2 local scrappies today and no luck, does anyone know what other cars may use these calipers as they are just Bosch or Lucas calipers, presumably peugeot or maybe VW, or is it the carriers that are specific to the kit?

pm sent