Ebay: 79T SRB Hatch for sale

The rarest of all the hatches, a chrome bumpered  two slot hatch only made for around 18 months.

Its unfortunately had its original side strips & wheel arch trims removed & is sporting incorrect front seats but this could all be put back.

Looks from the pictures to be in good nick

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rapierdave said:

The rarest of all the hatches, a chrome bumpered  two slot hatch only made for around 18 months.

Its unfortunately had its original side strips & wheel arch trims removed & is sporting incorrect front seats but this could all be put back.

Looks from the pictures to be in good nick

I used to think these were the rarest, due to the short production run, however I think there may actually be less of the plastic bumpered two slot cars. Most of the chrome bumpered ones seem to be silver autos though, I suspect the showroom launch cars may have all been to that spec.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, evo3000 said:

Potential to be a good purchase for someone.I could be wrong but should there not be over riders on them bumpers.:unsure:

I believe so yes, but I would say they went with the Bump strips and chrome work......

In the 90's everyone was painting chrome bumpers body colour, removing bright work and bump strips in an attempt to make there car appear more 'Modern'.

Nowadays you want your classic car to look classic (IMHO)

• Like 3

14 hours ago, GTREA said:

I believe so yes, but I would say they went with the Bump strips and chrome work......

In the 90's everyone was painting chrome bumpers body colour, removing bright work and bump strips in an attempt to make there car appear more 'Modern'.

Nowadays you want your classic car to look classic (IMHO)

Dead right, in the mid 80s I toyed with the idea of removing all the bright work, but left it cos I liked the look of it.

Glad I kept it all on now.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Interesting to see what it fetches, it went for 2k last time.... it's pretty tempting at that kind of money as although it needs putting back to how it was ideally I'd have one to drive right away whilst getting the time to fettle with mine, Although I do think the Mrs might not be best pleased :ph34r: