Hello fellow manta owners

Hi my name is Simon just joined I have just brought 1973 Opel manta A berlinetta auto  one owner and less than 28,000 on clock , had manta over 15 years ago but had to sell it so glad to get back to owning a great looking car again 

regards Simon 

• Like 2

Yes pretty good even roof is good was kept in garage I've brought cover for it ,took petrol tank off and treated and repainted it done oil filter change put radiator flush in it this week end and flushed it through I'm going to change plugs  & leads try new coil and electronic points because there's a miss on running and make sure carb is clean not keen onn auto chock then I can send for mot 

Hi Steve reg No NKG 518M chassis no 598014737 engine no 1103685 .I brought car in wales it was one owner lady who owned it had passed away it was last on road in 1998 so to sorn  it off road was a bit off a job because DVLA system did not recognise it so had to speak to one of those humans at DVLA and we managed to sort it out . Just trying to get it running smooth so I can take to local garage for MOT. As far as I can see under neath is solid may need jacking point changing on front + disc and pads and wheel bearing has a bit of play and I think the wiper blades have seen better days . If any one knows the best place to get new jacking point panels from please let me know .

• Like 1

Hi Simon, welcome to the OMOC.

That's one hell of a car you have bought, it looks like you live near Bridgewater Somerset so you are in the South Wales & South West regions of the club.

We have quite an active area for members & have some events coming up soon if your able to join us.

Bristol Classic Car show - Shepton Mallet Somerset over the weekend of 16th & 17th June

VBOA show - Market Harborough over the weekend of Fri 7th till Sun 9th July

Classic car action day - Castle Combe Wiltshire Sat 22nd July

South Glos show near Bristol over the weekend of 5th & 6th of August

plus other events TBC

From the home page http://www.dr-manta.de/ you can select English by clicking on the Union Flag. If you use Chrome as a browser that has the option to translate the page as well. The only problem with Dr Manta is you have to pay by bank transfer which can up the price a bit.

Actually it doesn't seem to matter if you select English or German, both languages appear in the online shop.

Forgot to say Wolfgang's English is very good, so you can email him with any queries. For my last order I emailed him a list of what I wanted to find out postage costs, and also get his bank details to make the transfer.

Edited by 1900SR