Loobie Maher

Adrian flux

5 posts in this topic

My neighbour who has been introduced into the manta fold tried to insure his manta yesterday hes 29 clean licence tidy 1981 berlinetta hatch bought from the OMOC and flux told him wont touch him as wouldn't be competitive enough!!!! Very disappointed for him as i thought flux supported all club members and would beat any quote.....mmmm maybe not.

Hi,

If you could ask him to get in touch with me I'd be happy to have a look. I'm sorry if we could not find a price that was suitable for him, unfortunately we cannot always be competitive for every risk we look at. Different insurers are better for different people and if we were competitive every time we'd be the only ones in the industry.

Kind Regards

Dan

I think that is an excellent reply.

I used to insure my Manta's with Flux but they became to expensive.

I tried Hagerty last year & they offered me an excellent price to insure all three of my cars.

My renewal came through for the 1st May & it was £239 fully comp including RAC breakdown/recovery for all three of my cars. That works out at under £80 per car.

That includes agreed values on My Ascona  & both Manta's, ok it is limited mileage on each one so would be dearer if I wanted to use them as daily drivers.

Regarding the 29 year old wanting to insure a Manta, if he wants to use it as his main car & does not own/use another car then normally classic car insurers don't always offer the best rates in those circumstances.

I have used Footman James, Adrian Flux & Lancaster in the recent past but Hagerty were best for my circumstances.

My manta B is insured with Adrian Flux and at 68 pounds is extremely competitive. My 2014 T5 camper is also insured with Flux.