Adrian flux

Loobie Maher

My neighbour who has been introduced into the manta fold tried to insure his manta yesterday hes 29 clean licence tidy 1981 berlinetta hatch bought from the OMOC and flux told him wont touch him as wouldn't be competitive enough!!!! Very disappointed for him as i thought flux supported all club members and would beat any quote.....mmmm maybe not.

Hi,

If you could ask him to get in touch with me I'd be happy to have a look. I'm sorry if we could not find a price that was suitable for him, unfortunately we cannot always be competitive for every risk we look at. Different insurers are better for different people and if we were competitive every time we'd be the only ones in the industry.

Kind Regards

Dan

I used to insure my Manta's with Flux but they became to expensive.

I tried Hagerty last year & they offered me an excellent price to insure all three of my cars.

My renewal came through for the 1st May & it was £239 fully comp including RAC breakdown/recovery for all three of my cars. That works out at under £80 per car.

That includes agreed values on My Ascona  & both Manta's, ok it is limited mileage on each one so would be dearer if I wanted to use them as daily drivers.

Regarding the 29 year old wanting to insure a Manta, if he wants to use it as his main car & does not own/use another car then normally classic car insurers don't always offer the best rates in those circumstances.

I have used Footman James, Adrian Flux & Lancaster in the recent past but Hagerty were best for my circumstances.

• 2 months later...

Nice to here its not just me who have had a slight problem with adrian flux ive insured the Manta for quite a few years and also my main car and just recently my 2 sons who shared a car whilst learning to drive before they passed their tests, customer services not exactly at the top of the list at the moment.

On 15/07/2017 at 21:08, steveopel said:

Nice to here its not just me who have had a slight problem with adrian flux ive insured the Manta for quite a few years and also my main car and just recently my 2 sons who shared a car whilst learning to drive before they passed their tests, customer services not exactly at the top of the list at the moment.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing problems. If you could PM me some details I'd be happy to look into any issues you may have.

Kind Regards

Dan

I still have my manta insured with Flux but have taken my VW T5 elsewhere.

The renewal came in at £460+ so got a quote with Advance insurance who I insure my mk2 Golf GTI with and they came in at £362 for the year.

I duly told Flux I wouldn't t be renewing at which point they came back with a quote of £358 to keep my business. !!! Was a little dissapointed at them telling me they look for the best quotes on my behalf and then being able to drop the premium by £100+. I still took my business to Advance. So Flux have lost another customer for trying to be greedy. If the quote was anything under last year's premium I would have just stayed with them and not looked round. But I'm glad I did now.