New Manta fan from Athens Greece

Dimpas

Hi All

I just joined in the Club and i hope to help and to be helped.

I know many about cars as i have owned for 13 years an Opel Kadett D and writing in mk1oc.com.

Now i have bought an Opel Manta B 1.3S GT  240.000 km with sunroof . The car is totally unsprayed and in original condition. There are no holes no previous accidents no . The seller was first owner and gave me the receipt of purchase in Deutsche Marks ...

I will upload pictures so you can see the car and i guess that if i need your advice i can ask for it !

Thank you for accepting me as a member of the  manta club forum.

My best wishes from Sunny Greece.

• Like 3

Thank you all for the welcome... I am in Saloniki right now and all day I and  2 good friends were working on the Manta....I have many to show to you boys  but today i will share with you the purchase receipt of the original owner. 6

20170418_132923-1238x1651.jpg

Edited by Dimpas
Grammar mistake
  • Like 3

Yes ! The first owner is located in Sidirokastro near Thessaloniki. I came here to pick it up load it on a train and have it in Athens so to make all things needed to be in A1 condition.

Saloniki is sortcut to tell Thessaloniki....

The car looks to be in good condition. 

Thanks of the nice weather over there... The 1.3GT was also available in Belgium, but not very common.

I was once stationed in the harbour of Thessaloniki to transport Leopard battle tanks via Macedonia to Kosovo 

with my heavy tank transporter.

Keep up the good work!

Today i drove it for about 30 kms... It has a very short gearbox and final ratio. With 4th gear and 100 kms per hour i have 3600 rpms.

The bad stuff: The carburator need cleaning , a good complete engine overhaul as it has 280.000 kms on it. I will keep it original. I am thinking of clange the stock contact ingnition system to electronic one. I must find a geniue piece of cloth like the one it has so to fix the 2 front seats.

The good points: No noise bang or rattles. The engine gear box is nice and all gears are smooth to engage. All locks lights and all work as it should be.

I will make a good restoration  plan so to have a nice result.

Thank you all for the welcome and I feel comfortable enough to ask your help. 

Oh,   Thesaloniki is a great city to live and it is the capital city of Macedonia a North Greek territory.

Edited by Dimpas
  • Like 1

I will keep a full diary and photos of all progress made.As i am not in a hurry so I will collect all parts first and then make all repairs. 

To be honnest I study my Msc in Quality Assurance so i have not as much time i like to have....

The topic about what is called  Macedonia is HUGE.(and off topic). Just ask yourself, can French people claim  H.M. Queen Elisabeth being a  famous French queen??? (!!!!)

Great to welcome you to the forum Dimpas. There are a few Mantas in Greece so keep looking out for them. There is an i200 for sale on the island I believe at the moment. 

It will be nice to see your car as it progresses. A rare one so we are glad to hear you are Saving it.