Opel Manta1800S Berlinetta Hatchback for sale

Scribe of Lincoln

I have been contacted by a gentleman based in West Sussex, who is in poor health and would like to sell his Manta.  I am advised that the car is in excellent condition and has only done 31,000 miles (only 70 miles within the last year).

He would like the car to go to a club member who will continue to care for it as he has done.

Details are as follows:

Manta 1800s Berlinetta Hatchback

1984 B Registration

Colour is "Charcoal Grey"

Orange interior (quite rare)

Stainless Steel Exhaust

The car has the factory fitted sunroof.

Price - looking for around £4,500

Please call me if interested and I will give you Richard's contact number. My number is in the front of Manta Magic ("B Series Register").

I'd be tempted myself if I had the space and hadn't just bought another car for work!

Edited by Scribe of Lincoln
  • Like 3

• 2 years later...

A timeline of events since April 2017 for reference.

Milestone Classics who sold the car a few weeks after the above post for £6995:

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C868397

Border Reivers then advertised for ages at between £16000 dropping to £14000:

https://borderreivers.co/portfolio/opal-manta-berlinetta-1-8s/

One wonders what it eventually sold for given that it's currently for sale as of Feb 2020 for £11000:

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1166763

Edited by Monaco Blue
  • Like 2

Presumably dealer one bought the car for around £4.5K & sold for around £7K a few weeks later, nice quick profit

Dealer two buys at £7K then gets greedy & drops a bollock by advertising at between £16K - £14K (get real mate its got a "Burnt Orange interior") After a long while Dealer Two tries to offload to another dealer for around £8.5K

Dealer Three (current seller) trying to get £11K (good luck with that, you'll need it)

Conclusion: Its a good car but has the least popular interior colours of any Manta model, IMO with that interior its worth £5K, put a different interior in & its worth £6K, these are private sale values.

Moral of the story:  Do your homework on Manta hatchback achievable values before buying to make a profit.

Edited by Rapierdave
  • Like 2

£4.5k was a good price for this, but £11k now, not going to sell. There’s so many of these so called classic one man band dealers about nowadays they seam to just sell cars to each other. Joe public ain’t gonna spend 16k on a car that sold for 4.5 not long before. The internet, social media and forums put a stop to that 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rapierdave said:

Presumably dealer one bought the car for around £4.5K & sold for around £7K a few weeks later, nice quick profit

Dealer two buys at £7K then gets greedy & drops a bollock by advertising at between £16K - £14K (get real mate its got a "Burnt Orange interior") After a long while Dealer Two tries to offload to another dealer for around £8.5K

Dealer Three (current seller) trying to get £11K (good luck with that, you'll need it)

Conclusion: Its a good car but has the least popular interior colours of any Manta model, IMO with that interior its worth £5K, put a different interior in & its worth £6K, these are private sale values.

Moral of the story:  Do your homework on Manta hatchback achievable values before buying to make a profit.

Not so sure the current seller is a dealer given this post on the UUW158S Facebook post. 

Such a shame there were no photos attached to the original post on this thread. There would have been a queue for it at the original asking price. Quite possibly myself included, despite the burnt orange interior. 

Screenshot_20200228-202200.png

57 minutes ago, Scribe of Lincoln said:

You think that's bad.  There is a low mileage 1800GT for sale near me for £22,995

I nearly spat my coffee out....

Presumably this one:  https://www.ppscltd.co.uk/used/opel/manta/18-gt/brigg/lincolnshire/18557914/#top-image

It's now priced at TBC so perhaps realised it's not going to sell at £23K. If I'm not mistaken, this sold at auction for circa £14K a while back and has been for sale since then. 

• 2 months later...

Hi Just to confirm JPH on Facebook above is my car and was not for sale as a dealer. I have owned Manta A's and B's since the late 70 s since we had dealer just up the road so could not resist them. I enjoy JPH but only posted it for sale because it is so pristine I tended not to use it enough. Anyway now taxed and out and about. By the By  I did not pay the asking price when purchased 2 years past.

Cheers 

Alec 

• Like 2

On 27/05/2020 at 17:04, AlecHowie said:

Hi Just to confirm JPH on Facebook above is my car and was not for sale as a dealer. I have owned Manta A's and B's since the late 70 s since we had dealer just up the road so could not resist them. I enjoy JPH but only posted it for sale because it is so pristine I tended not to use it enough. Anyway now taxed and out and about. By the By  I did not pay the asking price when purchased 2 years past.

Cheers 

Alec 

Thats a lovely car Alec, enjoy.

• 1 year later...