LIGHT AT THE END LOL

Mantacol

Well after a very long time I have at last got some cash to finish the 400r . Took it out for a wash last weekend after it standing for 3 years .

new s/s/ exhaust , bonnet diamonds to fit and a quick paint work blow over , then off to be tuned and some fun to be had .

Thanks once again to all the club members for the advise ,parts and words of encouragement with this my first project .

Col

video-1489597757.mp4

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 11

6 hours ago, Mantacol said:

I would like 400r above the rear No plate between the lights . I don't know what else open to ideas pls link photos

col:unsure::D:thumbup

I have a 400 decal in Yellow 20" x 4" if that is any use to you (depending on your colour code). I was going to fit on mine but I have kept the decals red on my car. It might need a little TLC to straighten but very useable, it has been in my shed for some time.

If your interested PM me and I will send some photos, all it will cost is P&P as I was given it years back by another member

• Like 1

On ‎22‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 19:30, robah said:

I have a 400 decal in Yellow 20" x 4" if that is any use to you (depending on your colour code). I was going to fit on mine but I have kept the decals red on my car. It might need a little TLC to straighten but very useable, it has been in my shed for some time.

If your interested PM me and I will send some photos, all it will cost is P&P as I was given it years back by another member

Thanks Rob for the offer I was thinking of silver decals for the 400 on the rear, and on the front wings down the doors. I will have to scroll the internet for some photos and ideas. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Paint orderd today. I have gone for opel shwartz black . Quick blow over this weekend steel 400 bonnet finishe'd. And rapture to be done on the inner arches and underneath. 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 1

Car rubbed down with 800 then 1200 .mask off in the morning and quick respray in opel black . All this cos I wanted diamonds in my bonnet. Pmsl will I ever learn .big thanks to Mr abbbbooottt sun roof came out a dream and NO RUST ..will post some more tomorrow once done . Farm yard resprays it's the way forward lol.

Black is difficult colour, it shows all the little imperfections, but i gather that your intensions for this Manta are not polishing and taking to shows, Your going to use it for blatting about, something i thoroughly approve of !

I think it needs the Shell Oils graphics now........

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Mantacol said:

Started putting bits back on and 1st coat polish on some of the panels. Still can't make up my mind on silver or satin black mesh ? 

Tricky one. Both look good however, I'd be tempted by the silver. It sort of depends whether you want subtle or a contrast.

• Thanks 1