Ebay: Late 78 2 Litre Cavalier GLS Coupe

I saw this earlier on today and thought that it was a bit special - certainly one of the nicest Cavs I've seen on fleabay for a while.

It is quite local to me, so if you want me to pop round and have a look, give me then nod. Probably best to ring - home phone number is in the magazine.

I recognised where he took the pictures of the car as I used exactly the same spot when I sold our Frontera many years ago!

I've seen this car in person and met the owner . The car is a beautiful straight example I really liked it . Only downsides are the interior wear which the seller is upfront about.

He's also a really nice bloke with a great private collection of classics and the best behind the house garage I've ever seen .

I would put a £4-5k valuation on it , anything under £4k is a bargain 

• Like 2

Without doubt lovely example,however that interior pushes it below 4k for me.

Off topic... Mr carlos that 2.4 frontera you have for sale at the moment is really nice I have to say:thumbup

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1995-M-Vauxhall-Frontera-2-4i-5-Door-Estate-4x4-Offroader-1-Owner-Genuine-48k/122341604213?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131017132637%26meid%3D0ea6e5d8e7254c42aa3af670c454c672%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D8%26sd%3D201810566914

Edited by evo3000
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, evo3000 said:

Without doubt lovely example,however that interior pushes it below 4k for me.

Off topic... Mr carlos that 2.4 frontera you have for sale at the moment is really nice I have to say:thumbup

It's lovely !!! I bought it sight unseen for the engine but having realised what a good one it is I can't possibly break it so it's up for sale. Never seen a welder and it's really good underneath 

1 hour ago, chrisb said:

Seller is also selling a complete blue set of seats in another auction look like manta B seats judging by the material

That's how I met the seller and saw the car - I was delivering those seats !

• Like 2

Great looking car for its age.

But far from pristine. 

The seats are poor . The seller would of been better leaving the original seats in it.

The engine bay needs freshening up and the boot area definitely does.

With a bit more work and expense this car could be bone of the best cavs around. 

But in my opinion the  seller and the reserve  are more pissed than me.

I am sorry if I have offended anyone but some people need to realise what kind of car they have and what it needs to be a really great example. 

Especially before putting a high reserve on it.

It isn't worth more than £ 2500.00 in my opinion. 

But heh ho what do I know. 

BELIEVE ME ALOT....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Great looking car for its age.

But far from pristine. 

The seats are poor . The seller would of been better leaving the original seats in it.

The engine bay needs freshening up and the boot area definitely does.

With a bit more work and expense this car could be bone of the best cavs around. 

But in my opinion the  seller and the reserve  are more pissed than me.

I am sorry if I have offended anyone but some people need to realise what kind of car they have and what it needs to be a really great example. 

Especially before putting a high reserve on it.

It isn't worth more than £ 2500.00 in my opinion. 

But heh ho what do I know. 

BELIEVE ME ALOT....

Unless I'm missing something those are the original seats, they are certainly correct for the car.

GLS did have a six clock dash but head restraints were not fitted on Cavs until 1980 & by then the Coupe was phased out as the Sportshatch was outselling it.

I agree that it needs some minor work i.e. detailing in the engine bay, door card tops repairing & some seat repairs.

What's it worth imho £3.5 to £4K as it stands, could be worth closer to £5K once the work is done.

I sold this one in August 2015 for £2250, it was in similar condition but was an Auto & a GL (three clock dash). New owner has now had the seats recovered & I would estimate the cars value is now £4000.

20150417_125254.jpg

• Like 2

I would say the seats are opel versions.the type of cloth suggests this.snd also from a hatch as the back seat has the metal carpeted flat back.the cav seats at that age could have ended up being the ribbed velour ones if a few months later but they certainly rip easier on the ribs than the earlier type fitted which just seem to dirty and fade easier!.very. Ice car however and not much work req to make very very good.(from what you can see )

Judging it purely on the pictures and not being able to see underneath surely it is worth £4000 everyday of the week!? 

Sure its a Cavalier and not a Manta and the interior is rough but the rest of it is very neat and respectable.

It takes quite a bit of money getting a Manta /  Cavalier looking that nice.

I paid £1500 for basically the exact same car (only the Manta equivalent) to this 4 years ago, my interior is immaculate but the rest of the car was in far far worse condition than this Cavalier and it cost way more than £2500 on rust repairs paint etc etc to get it looking similar to this.

I hope he gets a decent price, its about time the steel bumpered models start comanding the same price as some of the later models.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Berlinetta said:

The blue Cavalier is listed on this site for £6,250...

http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/vauxhall/cavalier/215180

There's also this one for sale on the same site:

http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/vauxhall/cavalier/195735

GT/E interior and 2.2 engine.

I saw the this one as well. 

Its a lovely  example in better condition than the blue one.In my opinion. 

I know its not classed as fully original,due to the different interior snd bigger engine. 

But this one gets  my vote.

Plus its alot cheaper in price. :wub:

21 hours ago, cam.in.head said:

I would say the seats are opel versions.the type of cloth suggests this.snd also from a hatch as the back seat has the metal carpeted flat back.the cav seats at that age could have ended up being the ribbed velour ones if a few months later but they certainly rip easier on the ribs than the earlier type fitted which just seem to dirty and fade easier!.very. Ice car however and not much work req to make very very good.(from what you can see )

I think there's some confusion here. The seats in the car look to be the original Cav GLS ones to me, the one's he's selling separately are from a Manta hatch, probably an SRB.

• Like 1

On 14/02/2017 at 13:10, 1900SR said:

I think there's some confusion here. The seats in the car look to be the original Cav GLS ones to me, the one's he's selling separately are from a Manta hatch, probably an SRB.

Yeah thats what i mean the originals are the ones in the car. Someone mentioned about the other seats he is selling and wether they were from the car . Sorry about the confusion! 

• Like 1