Manta B 400V

rlf444w

i bought these for it as i wanted to run it on 5 stud wheels just to make it look more like the real thing they came with the adaptors to convert from 4 stud 100pcd tp 130pcd but i bought not thinking about they were for bolt fixing not studs so have been looking into how to make them work, i have relisted them on ebay now as it looks easier to buy hubs ready made

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Nice project car you have there, apart from the 5 stud conversion and possible paint :ph34r:(lol) unless you like the colours, what else do you plan for the car?

I want to 5 stud mine and will do in the future once I get around to finishing my current repairs and using the car first.

Looking forward to the thread updates

yes i to dont like the multi colour look of it but its thee only way to get good panels on it, and will hopefully be painted in the spring ready to bolt back together , im thinking silver

• Like 4

Hi just read this and i dont see what you see a problem with the adapters if the rims are the correct offset with the adapters all you need is the nuts to be turned down so they dont fowl the rims, its dead easy i dropped on some perfect offsets on the Porsche rims with a decent offset to fill the arches, but if they are on ebay then i guess its too late.

the problem using nuts is the hole on the 4 stud has to be opened out to accept a nut instead of a bolt it then is to close to one of the hole where you bolt the 5 studs ,you can buy short nuts that would work without cutting down , i was looking at fitting steel rivnuts but will have to open the stud up which is not a problem on the front hubs but will have to remove the halfshafts for the rear and not sure how easy it would be to drill and press them in on the shafts

have you got any pictures steve ive still got the wheels at the moment ,sold once but no contact from winning bidder typical ebay so might still use them , i was also looking at some 17's but not sure if they look to big on  a 400 kit or not , i can see your car looks like its on 17's but i cant find a bigger picture

yes will sort them out and try to put a photo on, 17s dont look too big i even thought of doing the larger Porsche rims and modifying the 400 kit,  

Ignore the background this was in March but i can take some of the wheels if it helps.

Steve

• Like 3

• 3 years later...