Ebay:1987 Steel Grey GTE Hatch for sale

4 hours ago, Frank C1964 said:

Hi Guys, I may be being a bit dumb but what is that grill? is it a standard fit or limited edition or aftermarket part?

cheers Frank

It's a 4 slot nose cone with the centre pieces cut out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Frank C1964 said:

Hi Guys, I may be being a bit dumb but what is that grill? is it a standard fit or limited edition or aftermarket part?

cheers Frank

On that one frank it looks like the slots have been cut out from a standard grill as you can see where it has been treated afterwards.(as robah says)

Apparently a one slot fiberglass nose cone was available at some point though.:thumbup

20 hours ago, Danny D114BCW said:

Nice car that, I would have to sort the grill out.

Danny you could just put a vertical piece in the centre then you would have a 2 slot albeit a big 2 slot.:blink:

Edited by evo3000
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, plumster said:

I can't tell obviously,  but are those swan necks covered in sealant or something,  or hammerited over crusty rust?

No! all the rot was cut out and replaced with fresh steel. of course I've then applied a rust preventing coating designed for the underside of a vehicle.

Great to see the manta club at it's best

You couldn't even be bothered to click on the link to the project to see with your own eyes.

It's comments that are unjustified like this that costs sales.

Edited by Snowy
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, plumster said:

I can't tell obviously,  but are those swan necks covered in sealant or something,  or hammerited over crusty rust?

The swan necks look fine and he says in the advert they are all new and been done correctly? 

Nice car for somebody, great colour too. Just needs finishing off paint wise and will make a good car. 

1 hour ago, Snowy said:

No! all the rot was cut out and replaced with fresh steel. of course I've then applied a rust preventing coating designed for the underside of a vehicle.

Great to see the manta club at it's best

You couldn't even be bothered to click on the link to the project to see with your own eyes.

It's comments that are unjustified like this that costs sales.

I think you're getting a bit touchy Snowy. This is one member of the Manta Club, not the whole club. Also, he's asked a question, which has been answered. All you had to say was your first sentence, maybe also mentioning that you'd said that in the listing.

Good luck with the sale anyway.

On ‎26‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 22:05, Danny D114BCW said:

Sorry but Manta's need four slot grills.

(runs and hides behind sofa 👀)

No two slots are better................................ :P

( puts tin helmet on & waits for abuse from younger members) 

Manta_Front.jpg

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, spiney_norman said:

No slots are better...

Mind if I join you under that helmet Dave?

Note to self to not read posts quickly when busy I thought you called him  'helmet dave' :lol: that's clearly me for reading the post wrong :lol:

Anyway back on topic it's a good properly prepared car with great potential :thumbup

• Like 4

looks a really great car for someone to enter manta ownership with as all the problem areas have been dealt with.. I was offered this car myself sometime last year but due to  lack of room I had to decline... 

seems to be making good money , makes me wonder what my own steel grey hatch is worth.. ... oh hang on ... nope not as much it's auto ha ha ha and no one wants one of those lol 

• Like 1