5 stud conversion using adaptor kit

rlf444w

hi has anyone used an adaptor kit to convert there 4 stud to 5 stud wheel fitment , i recently bought a set of wheels complete with a kit , it didn't cross my mind till after i got them that it was for a car using bolts instead of studs so need to work out another way of fixing it to the hubs any ideas or shall i just sell on and buy some 5 stud hubs

Are you sure that youre not supposed to buy studs and press them into the hubs?

I bought some quality hubs from TMJ and installed my own studs once I knew what size Id need etc

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Edited by h0tr0dder_uk

the kit i got i believe is for a 4 stud vw to porsche pcd it is 4 x 100 to 5 x 130 not 120 like the gm pcd i only bought it because of the wheels where 5 spoke revolutions so would look great on the manta with the 5 studs

1 minute ago, rlf444w said:

the kit i got i believe is for a 4 stud vw to porsche pcd it is 4 x 100 to 5 x 130 not 120 like the gm pcd i only bought it because of the wheels where 5 spoke revolutions so would look great on the manta with the 5 studs

That depends on the offset too

4 minutes ago, rlf444w said:

the offset is 0 7x 15 front 8x15 rear and the adaptor is about 25mm so the off set will be quite good

On a car with arches or standard?

No way on Earth your going to get ET0 under a standard arch and the adaptors will add 25mm so you are looking at a +25 ET?

That would be good for a 400 kit.

You also need to look at centre bore size.

What's the PCD of the 5 stud?

On 07/10/2016 at 23:19, rlf444w said:

its for a manta with 400 kit pcd is 130 

you might be ok on that then as a member on here is running Porsche wheels and I was talking to a bloke the other week who had to do the same thing but also then convert to Subaru pcd. Although I can see that snapping off under load if there are too many parts bolted together 

Edited by Kevin Abbott

• 5 weeks later...

Hi i used the vw to porsche adapters and ran with 17" wheels 10s on the back and 8.5 fronts offset im not sure with out looking but the hard part is getting the nuts that fit inside without catching the wheel which depends on what depth the adapters are, i purchased locally but you can find them just takers a bit of hunting internet wise, they have been on for quite a few years and ive had no problems what so ever.

Cheers Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, i am using porsche wheels on my manta, the front is using TJM 5 stud hubs and the rears are not standard so i cant help much. are you running standard front hubs and standard discs, the porsche setup uses M14x1.5 radius seat bolts . You can get the front hubs and discs drilled and tapped M14. 

I found with going from a 4 stud to 5 stud using the 4ha hubs on my axle, one of the holes crossed and so I welded it up. Then tried to drill it out and it was nearly impossible. I still have them and they did the job.

The Dutch bloke is doing a good looking 5 stud halfshaft conversion but it's mega money.

I was lucky enough to find out from Retro Power that a jag mk2 had a 4ha and the hubs were already 5x120. However, with them being 50 year old it cost loads to get them straight and hub centric for the bmw wheels

I have a pair of TJM 5x120 ali hubs, they are great but the axle is difficult on a standard car as I don't/ can't run spacers and I have 5x120 Ronals begging to be fitted

16 hours ago, GTEPETE said:

Bought these off ebay some years ago, apparently used by the opel rally team to convert standard cars to 5 stud...these are for the rear...

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Looking at that, it must bolt into tapped holes in the halfshaft? Though the drums.

How thick is that? As it would change the position of the wheel. Not hub centric and any idea what size or spec those cap heads are?

Any chance of a picture from the side and rear?

Cheers