Green Manta A

Rapierdave

Those of you on Facebook will know that I bought Ron Daymond's  Manta SR this week. I got her back to Bristol yesterday & due to the way that Ron had looked after her since 1991 she is not really a project more a car that needs some minor TLC.

Gave her a good clean & polish with a clay bar & she shines up well for a 44 year old car :)

Here are a few pics I took.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Small dent In nose needs sorting, going to see if my local dent removal company can oblige

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

So what needs doing.

The O/S front jacking point needs a small plate welding in or if fussy replaced but the floor is unaffected

The rear of the sunroof seal is damaged & they are a totally different design to a Manta B being a wind handle type so at the moment I have no idea if I can source a replacement seal or if it's going to be a bugger to fit.

Finally a warning to us all, once i got the car back to Bristol I gave her a check over & found this badly perished fuel hose that feeds the carb, I reckon that Ron had replaced it at some point because it was labeled "suitable for unleaded" might not be suitable to long term exposure to Ethanol though :o

Next job is to get it up on axle stands & give it a check over whilst asking my good friend James Coghlan if he could weld the jack point up. 

Edited by Rapierdave
  • Like 5

The A's now up on stands & I've had a chance to have a good look underneath & its in remarkable condition for a 44 year old car.

After a bit of a poke around & a good wire brush here are the two things to get done before the MOT runs out on December 8th.

Front O/S jacking point needs a welded repair

Nearside Swan neck needs welding up

• Like 3