2.4 CIH oil pressure adaptor

Ok, im in need of some help!!

I'm trying to get the adaptor that fits into the front cover of the CIH 2.4 (or i think it might have been used on the 2.2 as well) that the oil pressure sender fits into to clear the lower timing pulley. I have tried all options and not got anywhere :-(   im told it's part number  90322715

If i cant get hold of one and anyone give me some idea of the thread on each end, length and maybe internal hole diameter so i can try to source a replacement or maybe have one mode?

I have managed to sort all the other bits that i have had to get custom made for the old A series, but this is driving me mad!! if anyone can get one made im happy to pay them to get it done as there are not many good engineering places near me.

Any help would be great.

Thanks Andy

I presume the threads are the same as the 2.0GT/e 90deg ones? If so and if no-one else can help before i can check what threads they are next week at my mates workshop as he's an old school engineer and has ways of measuring the taper threads that fit the block.

If so then LMA make all sorts of adaptors from one thread to another including ones like this http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/gauge-pipes-adaptors/lma-oil-pressure-t-piece where you could just blank the side outlet (they sell blanks as well)

Im not sure if the thread that goes into the front cover is the same as the one on the block or not. I did have one of the 90deg ones so might have to try and dig it out and test it. I did find a few places on ebay that did adaptors so that is a thought.

Will see if i can find one or someone who will lend me one to get a copy made.

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Here you go, Andy. The thread is M14x1.5 both sides and the hole through the middle is 6mm diameter. The outer hex nut pattern is 19mm (in other words, you'd need a 19mm spanner on it) and the hex part of the body is 20mm long. Notice the concave bottom to the female side (waiting for a long thread of reactions to that one...).

Let me know if you need any other dimensions.

Cheers,
N.

IMG_9144.JPG

Edited by CalCol

Actually, one thought - I think the thread on the Manta RHD sender is different to this. The Manta LHD sender is definitely M14x1.5 (that's what I'm using) but I remember the right angle adapter on RHD cars has different threads each side. If you're going to get one made up, and the thread on the sender does turn out to be different, I guess it makes sense to make the female side match your sender instead of investing £30+ on a different sender.

Cheers,
Nick

17 hours ago, CalCol said:

Here you go, Andy. The thread is M14x1.5 both sides and the hole through the middle is 6mm diameter. The outer hex nut pattern is 19mm (in other words, you'd need a 19mm spanner on it) and the hex part of the body is 20mm long. Notice the concave bottom to the female side (waiting for a long thread of reactions to that one...).

Let me know if you need any other dimensions.

Cheers,
N.

IMG_9144.JPG

Hey Nick

That's amazing, thanks for all the info. I dont suppose you have one that you would sell to me? The sender i have i got from Opel GT source so i can double check with Gil what the thread is on it. This is the one i have.

IMG_20161011_082357.jpg

5 hours ago, Exclusive Opel said:

That adapter looks familiar. It's in my spray gun parts box. I'll have a look when I get home (currently in Malaga at the moment!) B)

Malaga, that must be nice :-) could do with a holiday! If Nick doesn't have a spare one he will sell would you sell yours?

Andy

Hi Andy,

The sender Gil sells is the same as the LHD Manta one so it's M14x1.5 - you're good.

I'm actually two short of the number I need (I still have one Monza, two more Mantas and a GT to convert to Motronic), so I'm going to have the same problem as you eventually. If you get some made up and need a minimum quantity, I'd be happy to take a couple. :D

Cheers,
Nick

I replied before i read this update! If i could actually get one i could easily get a local place to make a few but they won't do it without one to copy or it all done out in a CAD drawing with the correct sizes etc.. they so its too risky for them to do it just from my info :-( i suppose it covers them. I have loads of problems trying to get the brake adaptors made, even when i had the rough template. I found a place that let me sit with their CAD guy while he mapped it all out. But cost a lot to get done!

If its easier to get them made in the US i would be happy to go in with you on a couple if it helps the cost? It would probably cost me £20 - £40 to get one made over here as people just dont want to do small jobs.

Andy

I would do same as manta doc first reply/answer buy a piece of hexagonal 19mm bar off ebay desired length

turn down end to 15.5mm thread with 14mm dye turn over drill 10mm hole through centre completly through then open up to 12.5mm for say 15mm thread inside with 14mm tap( if this is correct thread for sender) Ensure both ends are perfectly flat use copper washer on each end job done.  

Thanks, rutts and mantadoc for the replies. If i had a lathe or new someone who had one i would do what you suggest, but as i dont i have to go to company and they are not interested in one off jobs (or its at a price) im down south and you don't seem to get friendly engineering places that would knock one up for you at lunch time!!

Andy

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Exclusive Opel said:

Finally found it! But it's not good news I'm afraid. :mellow:

tmp_10335-20161114_0750081347973255.jpg

Not quite what I thought I had. Sorry.

Thanks for looking mate. As luck would have it i got in touch with Thomas at http://www.edelschmiede.com/shop/ and he has tracked me down one. So im all sorted thanks. Looks like something brake related?

Andy