SOLD - Opel Manta B Coupe 2.0 SR Berlinetta - 26k miles from new

Kenny400

For sale initially only to club members with the desire that this car stays within the club and original.

After  much deliberation I have reluctantly decided to part with this beautiful example of a late registered chrome bumper Manta B , to concentrate on my 400R project.

Every MOT FROM 1986 to corroborate the extremely low mileage - never looks to have been welded nor looks to need any. Current MOT with no advisories until September - fresh MOT can be arranged subject to negotiation.

I'm sure price could be the subject of much discussion - like it or not values are on the increase and this vehicle is one of the few 'ones to have'

Looking for £5650 or near offer - more photos to follow when the weather improves. Further details on request - please PM me.

The Manta is a very late chrome bumper single slot grill Coupe which are very rare with most surviving Manta Bs being the later twin slot plastic bumper GTE models. 
The Manta Bs were produced from 1975 to late 1979 with chrome bumpers. 

Registered on 1st February 1980 it was owned by Low's Opel of Shawlands Glasgow from new as a demonstrator before being sold to its 2nd owner in October 1980 when it was 8 months old who lived 2 miles from the Dealer. 
It was owned by him owner for 14 years then bought by its 3rd owner in 1994 who lived in the next street where their homes backed onto each other. 
In 2005 he moved house 4 miles away and kept it for 18 years. It was rarely used after he moved and then garaged until 2012. 
It was then bought by the previous owner who was asked by a relative of the old man if he would interested in the car as she knew he was interested in old cars. 

He got it back on the road strangely only 14 miles from the last owner's new address. 

NGA 789 V had stayed within 20 miles of the supplying Dealer in Glasgow before the 250 mile change to Yorkshire from where I bought it from its fastidious owner nearly 18 months ago.

Work completed to return it to the road and to date included the following: 
New Water Pump. 
New Fuel pump.
New GM Varijet2 Carburetor. 
4 x New Shock Absorbers. 
Electronic Ignition fitted. 
5 x New Tyres. 
5 x Original ATS Wheels Powder coated. 
New Brakes and Discs. 
New ATE Brake Master Cylinder. 
Full re spray due to faded paint with photographs of the preparation for the re spray available showing it's pre condition. 
New replacement vinyl roof fitted. 
New Front Windscreen.

The mileage is backed up by 19 previous MOT Certificates and history file including details of all previous owners.

The car has had no replacement panels fitted to my knowledge and has its original sills. 

No sunroof is fitted so none of the Manta roof corrosion problems. 

The interior is in very good original condition with no sun bleaching including the carpets with floor mats fitted since new. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Kenny400

• 3 weeks later...