Gte coupe for sale

mantakal

1984 gte coupe- white for sale.

Immaculate chequered recaro interior, glass sunroof, roof in excellent condition, engine running.

Needs work- bodywork In good codition.

Swan necks replaced, floor replaced.

Twin lamps, square lamps, spare glass, rubbers etc.

Photos up later.

No mot or tax.

Offers.....

Kal 07401291991 Birmingham 

Edited by mantakal

You need to add  another figure before that price, £X,750. Things have moved on! £3,750 isnt too much, for a coupe!

Mot will help sell, to give you a idea, a bare shell sold recently, £1,500, a white hatchback, loads of welding done, sold for £4k. Dont get ripped off, as the person who buys it is only gonna fix it, mot and sell it for really a high price. Approx 7k. Do some research, But even if you sell it for twice that your asking! You are getting ripped off!

A manta gte coupe with mot, no problems £6,000, 

Edited by ®evo03
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Oliver said:

dream on any welded manta is worth  no more than 1k 750 is the price of a coupe all them mants up for more than 5k are for sale for ages

Dont agree! A hatch, clean lookin, welded like a patch work quilt sold in the uk for 4k few weeks ago. 

Wow £1000 increase over night !!!! 

I sold one couple of weeks ago for £900,this has gone up for by more than I sold the whole car for !!!!!

ive seen pictures & personally I wouldn't pay £1750 for it even if it was that price in the beginning! 

Edited by davo

Price has gone up because those who want to see the prices of their own Mantas rise are encouraging the seller to increase his price without even knowing what the car is like! No photos for anyone to see whether it justifies any increase - maybe the price should be decreased instead?

If the seller wants to offer his car at £750 then maybe he should be allowed to do that? 

I should mention that I've got no interest in it myself, so no vested interest in seeing the price remain low.

• Like 5

Given that there are only around 350 mantas registered on the road in the UK by the dvla, these cars are now very rare. As the numbers go down you would have to agree that the prices have to go up. How often do you get comments from people when they see a manta, all the time. These cars will become extremely desirable in the near future and the prices are going to go up considerably. Good luck with your sale.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, opelnz said:

Price has gone up because those who want to see the prices of their own Mantas rise 

If the seller wants to offer his car at £750 then maybe he should be allowed to do that? 

I should mention that I've got no interest in it myself, so no vested interest in seeing the price remain low.

1, not bothered tbh, prices are going up regardless, now if they are then, i offered the seller my opinion. Prices have gone up, your price is too low!

2, totally agree just dont want seller getting ripped off, its worth more than that as a breaker. Its a shame when people advertise their car, replys are usually , thats too high, not worth that etc etc. Seller should have the right to advertise their property high or low, with them or their car getting dissed.

3, A, best advise to seller, do some research, find similar car, similar condition, age, spec etc. Ignore comments, do your research and stick to it.

B, research the parts on car, all of them, do a list out, price each item, its worth more than £750? As a guide,  Wings £50e, doors £75e, glass £100, engine £100, gearbox £100, bonnet £75, all lights £50, complete interior everything £200. Good roof £100, bootlid, £50, wheels £100, thats over 1k already, thats without quarter panels, and any wee bits.

C, Take this into account, maybe getting the car roadworthy. Then sell, with price increase!  If you spent x amount getting it done, it could be worth xx amount. Its only logical.

D, no matter what you do, you will always get dissed on here, ive never dissed anyone car, or price, at most ive enquired, if its not for me, i leave it at that, i have never said anyone is wrong with high prices, but have used them as a guide for other, cars in better condition or sought after, a coupe is, was and will always be priced way above a hatchback.

Last gte hatch i remember for sale was close to 4k, not advertised on here funny enough! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ®evo03 said:

1, your price is too low!

2, its worth more than that as a breaker

The problem is...You/we don't know anything about the car so you can't really gauge if it's priced too low, or worth more as a breaker. Even when pictures are added, they are only be a guide until a car is seen in the flesh.

It's worrying for guys like me when people are jumping in and sticking a grand on something that hasn't even been seen, with very few details.:unsure: It should be fair both ways, or else Manta's will end up being owned by a very small minority clique who will have priced other potential enthusiasts out of the market, rather than letting the market decide. (Worth what somebody is willing to pay etc).

• Like 5

Maybe the best plan of action would be to put it on ebay with a low starting price and the reserve set at the right price for its current condition,and with photo's aswell.:blink:

And then,depending on how good the car is,it should sell itself,and hopefully for the seller go beyond the reserve.:mellow:

Good luck with the sale.:thumbup

Edited by evo3000
  • Like 2

Current pictures are always a must on items for sale, even if they can only email them to you as they can't upload them on here.

Sellers only have to ask for help to upload pictures on here and someone will always add them to the site.

12 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

1, not bothered tbh, prices are going up regardless, now if they are then, i offered the seller my opinion. Prices have gone up, your price is too low!

2, totally agree just dont want seller getting ripped off, its worth more than that as a breaker. Its a shame when people advertise their car, replys are usually , thats too high, not worth that etc etc. Seller should have the right to advertise their property high or low, with them or their car getting dissed.

3, A, best advise to seller, do some research, find similar car, similar condition, age, spec etc. Ignore comments, do your research and stick to it.

B, research the parts on car, all of them, do a list out, price each item, its worth more than £750? As a guide,  Wings £50e, doors £75e, glass £100, engine £100, gearbox £100, bonnet £75, all lights £50, complete interior everything £200. Good roof £100, bootlid, £50, wheels £100, thats over 1k already, thats without quarter panels, and any wee bits.

C, Take this into account, maybe getting the car roadworthy. Then sell, with price increase!  If you spent x amount getting it done, it could be worth xx amount. Its only logical.

D, no matter what you do, you will always get dissed on here, ive never dissed anyone car, or price, at most ive enquired, if its not for me, i leave it at that, i have never said anyone is wrong with high prices, but have used them as a guide for other, cars in better condition or sought after, a coupe is, was and will always be priced way above a hatchback.

Last gte hatch i remember for sale was close to 4k, not advertised on here funny enough! 

I had similar problems when selling my Astra Mk1 GTE, with people telling me how much it was worth, when I had researched the price and stuck very close to the selling price. Some people on the Astra Mk1 owners club were offering me stupidly low prices and wanting to pressure me in to the sale, I told them I would rather scrap it then give it away. I did sell it for the asking price in the end.

cant see how he will be ripped off if he gets price he wants,

pictures can also be deceiving has the swan necks been repaired correctly or plated over,

stop talking shit unless you know the car in person. its worth what some one will pay at time of sale.

• Like 6