sold please delete

Autocrosser

image.thumb.jpeg.3ecbe0ad25fd17cf0288f98

1976 Mk1 Vauxhall Cavalier, MSA logbook present but needs updated, no mot. 

Body:
Fully seam welded and strengthened early rust free shell, four linked and large diff tunnel fitted, 6 point safety devices cage, fia spec seat rails, tubbed rear arches in steel, fibreglass 400 kit inc bonnet, boot, doors, front wings, rear arches,rear bumper and front bumper inc cut outs for future lamp pod if required. Perspex side windows, roof vent. 

Suspension and steering:
Bilstein shocks with 550lb progressive front and 180lb rear springs
Front subframe is fully polybushed with nylon rear subframe mounts and works type top mounting brackets and negative camber top arms. Arms have all been boxed for strength. 
Rear uses 400 type trailing arms (boxed) and rose jointed top links and pan hard rod
Quaife quick rack and corsa C epas with controller
Alloy front hubs, grp4 studs (ford pcd)

Brakes:
Wilwood four pots front and rear with braided lines on outside
Bias pedal box and upright hydraulic handbrake

Engine and running gear:
Dry sumped C20XE fitted with hi comp Accrilite pistons, steel rods, QED cams, solid lifters, QED lightweight flywheel (std clutch)
Weber 48's and MBE distributorless ignition (0 miles since rebuild)
Quaife  Pro type 9 5 speed box alloy cased (0 miles since rebuild)
Fostek built fully floating Atlas axle fitted with Gripper diff, large side gears and 5:1 cw+p linked to suit 400 trailing arms, grp4 studs (new 0 miles)
1 piece prop
Comes with 2x7" 6x8" 2x9" grp4 15" Revolutions

The car is not ready to rally and requires finishing off eg. 
Needs in date seats, belts, fire extinguishers ect (seats and belts fitted but o.o.d.)
Engine needs run in and rolling roaded 
Pipes need clipped, lights need set , tracking needs done, brakes bled just the usual stuff for a nearly finished car. 

For Sale at a fraction of the build cost

£9,995

part-ex considered

Edited by Autocrosser
  • Like 1

On ‎29‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 10:37 PM, Autocrosser said:

image.thumb.jpeg.3ecbe0ad25fd17cf0288f98

1976 Mk1 Vauxhall Cavalier, MSA logbook present but needs updated, no mot. 

Body:
Fully seam welded and strengthened early rust free shell, four linked and large diff tunnel fitted, 6 point safety devices cage, fia spec seat rails, tubbed rear arches in steel, fibreglass 400 kit inc bonnet, boot, doors, front wings, rear arches,rear bumper and front bumper inc cut outs for future lamp pod if required. Perspex side windows, roof vent. 

Suspension and steering:
Bilstein shocks with 550lb progressive front and 180lb rear springs
Front subframe is fully polybushed with nylon rear subframe mounts and works type top mounting brackets. Arms have all been boxed for strength. 
Rear uses 400 type trailing arms (boxed) and rose jointed top links and pan hard rod
Quaife quick rack and corsa C epas with controller
Alloy front hubs, grp4 studs (ford pcd)

Brakes:
Wilwood four pots front and rear with braided lines on outside
Bias pedal box and upright hydraulic handbrake

Engine and running gear:
Dry sumped C20XE fitted with hi comp Accrilite pistons, steel rods, QED cams, solid lifters, QED lightweight flywheel (std clutch)
Weber 48's and MBE distributorless ignition (0 miles since rebuild)
Quaife  Pro type 9 5 speed box alloy cased (0 miles since rebuild)
Fostek built fully floating Atlas axle fitted with Gripper diff, large side gears and 5:1 cw+p linked to suit 400 trailing arms, grp4 studs (new 0 miles)
1 piece prop
Comes with 2x7" 6x8" 2x9" grp4 15" Revolutions

The car is not ready to rally and requires finishing off eg. 
Needs in date seats, belts, fire extinguishers ect (seats and belts fitted but o.o.d.)
Engine needs run in and rolling roaded 
Pipes need clipped, lights need set , tracking needs done, brakes bled just the usual stuff for a nearly finished car. 

For Sale at a fraction of the build cost

£12,000 ono 

Shame you have to sell it craig,but if needs must etc..if I was in position to buy this..ie had the money i would not hesitate and snap this up no question and it would be a road based track car weapon..emphasis on track,and the nurburg would be its first port of call,and yes it would get the full team Ireland livery.:thumbup

Was going to say all the best with sale..blah. de blah,but your not going to enjoy the fruits of your labour,..er so all the best:blink: with your sale anyway..:wacko:

• Like 1

...Overwhelming interest from the club graig:blink:i know what your cars worth mate but if you could get 10k then you may be doing well,but that's not for me to say is it.

Where the heck is volksdevil ,I don't get it...why no response from the club on this,even if its just to say... GLWTS.....WTF..:mellow:

image_thumb_jpeg_3ecbe0ad25fd17cf0288f98ddbe59ada.jpg

th.jpg

Edited by evo3000

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 9:58 AM, evo3000 said:

...Overwhelming interest from the club graig:blink:i know what your cars worth mate but if you could get 10k then you may be doing well,but that's not for me to say is it.

Where the heck is volksdevil ,I don't get it...why no response from the club on this,even if its just to say... GLWTS.....WTF..:mellow:

image_thumb_jpeg_3ecbe0ad25fd17cf0288f98ddbe59ada.jpg

th.jpg

I think people are trying to not overwhelm the post, as in past days/years a lot of posts of cars for sale have ended up in slanging matches over difference of opinions.

I think this car is a great buy for someone wanting to get in to Motorsport, especially on the prices of the equivalent "frods". Like mentioned before it could be a fast road racetrack car for someone and if I had the money I would consider buying for the latter specs. I know first hand how much these 400R's (standard road) cost to build up and that doesn't include your own labour costs, and in todays market it should be worth every penny asked for it especially being an older shell.

Good Luck With The Sale Craig

• Like 2

16 hours ago, robah said:

I think people are trying to not overwhelm the post, as in past days/years a lot of posts of cars for sale have ended up in slanging matches over difference of opinions.

I think this car is a great buy for someone wanting to get in to Motorsport, especially on the prices of the equivalent "frods". Like mentioned before it could be a fast road racetrack car for someone and if I had the money I would consider buying for the latter specs. I know first hand how much these 400R's (standard road) cost to build up and that doesn't include your own labour costs, and in todays market it should be worth every penny asked for it especially being an older shell.

Good Luck With The Sale Craig

Well put Rob:):thumbup...there's absolutely no doubting how good graig's car is with the spec etc and all the hard graft that's gone into it.

My viewpoint was purely a supportive one of the sale from one club member to the next, and was just surprised that no other comments had been made by anyone. I'm sure there's a few of us who would love to get our hands on this beast.B)

Edited by evo3000
  • Like 1

On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 1:52 PM, Kevin Abbott said:

It's not the first time it's been for sale or possibly for sale and it got comments the last time is was up :thumbup

Was not aware that had it had already been for sale TBH kev,but this thing ticks all the right boxes and kicks ass for me,i love the raw agressivie motorsport side of it .wonder if craig would take mine in part ex.:lol::wacko:

4 minutes ago, evo3000 said:

Was not aware that had it had already been for sale TBH kev,but this thing ticks all the right boxes and kicks ass for me,i love the raw agressivie motorsport side of it .wonder if craig would take mine in part ex.:lol::wacko:

I posted it first in the members only section Jason under "General Discussions" this was 2-3 weeks ago purely to give the club members first chance and explain my reason for selling. I'm open to part exchange offers and tbh a good home for it is my main priority

• Like 1

I personally think this car looks excellent with a good spec.  I prefer the look and style of this Manta more than the road biased one I've got, but even if I sold mine I wouldn't have enough to buy it! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, opelnz said:

Out of curiosity, is the car still recorded as a Vx Cavalier on the V5, or were you able to update as Opel Manta 400 replica or similar?

It's a Mk1 Vauxhall Cavalier GLS and states so on the V5. Msa/RAC logbook present but pic and keeper needs updated

Tax exempt from April 2017

i also have 3 dvd's of it rallying back in the 90's with John Indri and a Rallysport Magazine featuring it. 

• Like 1