Manta B GT/E

AMG

• 2 weeks later...

No not yet. Photbucket is playing up. I've got an Omega dual mass type clutch to try in it which has a solid unsprung drive plate. It looks like it'll work now I've trimmed the splined hub back a bit in the lathe to stop it contacting the end of the crank. Today I've dropped the crank off for the Omega pressure plate balancing to it and also dropped the Ecotec Cavalier pressure plate in too as this way I'll have a spare that's balanced to the crank for next time. Dropping the crank out revealed some very slight score marks in my rods' big end bearings which shouldn't be there so its big end journals have been measured up and I'll stick another set of new bearings in it while it's in bits. This weekend I'll get the rollcage feet finished and welded in but this is proving tricky as the wax in the car's sills keeps going up as soon as I weld near it. All the cars brakepipes are new now and done in Kunifer pipe and the back half of the underside is undersealed. The Ascona just needs to give up its modified fuel tank and fuel pump and then it'll be ready for selling. All the GT/E suspension, brakes, fuel tank and stuff to get it rolling needs bolting in but I'd rather wait while people view it so they grt better access to see the underside.

Thanks and I've had a paddle clutch for my old Peugeot 205 turbo diesel from them which has been good. I thought about one for this Manta but the ones with the bronze plates only have a short life. It holds 205's torque well though! I'd recommend CG Motorsport highly.

• 1 year later...