Proposals for the AGM

Loobie Maher

To all members,

Happy New Year to you all. The AGM is now fast approaching – Saturday 9th April at The White Horse Inn, Stoke Ash, Suffolk, IP23 7ET.

This is the time for you to have your say and put forward any proposals for changes within the club. So far we have:

·         At last year’s AGM Rab proposed that the Chair should change every 3 years. This is only possible if there are others who would like to step in to the roll. If there is nobody who wants to step in then the Chairperson will be voted back in by the Committee. This is currently the procedure each year anyway.

·         The Constitution should be amended to reflect the change in magazine issues. This has dropped from 4 a year to 2 a year.

·         The Constitution should be amended to reflect the change in the number of Executive meetings held in a year. This has dropped from 4 a year to 2 a year.

Please let Louise Maher know of any other proposals by the 13th February. A proposal form can then be sent to all members. This allows members who are unable to attend the AGM to have their chance to vote.

Reply via the OMOC forum

Email msmaher24@hotmail.com

Telephone 01926 641574

Telephone 07905255828   Please text only as I cannot answer my phone during the day.

Facebook messages are great as long as they are sent via private messenger and not put on the public area as these will automatically be deleted and remain not valid.

Do not vote at this point, this is for proposals only. A further voting form will be sent at a later date.

Many thanks

Louise Maher - Club Secretary and Treasurer

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but when you say 'A proposal form can then be sent to all members', does this apply to members outside UK? Or is it a new thing? I've been a member for 4 or 5 years, but I've never had anything about the AGM.

Thanks,

Fin

If you are a member you are entitled to attend the AGM and to vote, by post if you are unable to attend. Once the proposals are finalised there will be an email sent to all members enabling them to vote. If you dont have an email address registered you should get a form in the post.  You can always email me with anything which i can pass on.

OK, thanks Louise.

Strange, my email is on the club record somewhere, because I get reminder emails when my membership is about to expire, but I've never had any email about voting at the AGM. 

Just wondering, you mention a couple of changes to the clubs constitution above. Is the club constitution available online anywhere for members to read?

Thanks,

Fin

On 9/2/2016 at 2:20 PM, moodoo said:

OK, thanks Louise

Just wondering, you mention a couple of changes to the clubs constitution above. Is the club constitution available online anywhere for members to read?

It would benefit all club members if this constitution and the agm proposal form was included in the members only section to download!

I have sent a pm requesting both! No reply, deadlline is soon.......

• Like 3

On 30/1/2016 at 0:30 PM, Loobie Maher said:

A proposal form can then be sent to all members. This allows members who are unable to attend the AGM to have their chance to vote.  

Reply via the OMOC forum 

Facebook messages are great as long as they are sent via private messenger and not put on the public area as these will automatically be deleted and remain not valid.

Do not vote at this point, this is for proposals only. A further voting form will be sent at a later date.

Many thanks

Louise Maher - Club Secretary and Treasurer

Pm sent twice requesting this proposal form, no reply.

Why is facebook an option, its not an official omoc site!

Is there somewhere else i can get this form, club member media would be a good place to put it!

1 hour ago, brady said:

Pm sent twice requesting this proposal form, no reply.

Why is facebook an option, its not an official omoc site!

Is there somewhere else i can get this form, club member media would be a good place to put it!

No proposal forms are available yet as we don't have a list of all proposals suggested. If you have any proposals, you can send them to Louise via the different ways she's described along with some to second the proposal. Once any and all proposals have be sent in, a formal proposal form listing all proposals received will be sent via email to all members with an email address on file or by post for all those that don't.