OPEL MANTA COUPE 1988

oldwheels

Reluctant sale of this rare car, just look to see how many are for sale
1988 OPEL MANTA GTE EXCLUSIVE COUPE
mileage  108,984

The car has been fitted with new sills, one jacking point, one wheel arch, swan necks repaired and a few other places made good. Underside is now solid and all repairs were carried out well, was metallic black but has been painted straight black, more practical.

New battery, fuel pipes, serviced, lowered 35mm, front arm bushes replaced with poly bushes, clutch is slightly high may need adjustment or just lack of use, slight blow on exhaust due to being put on a trailer

This car is not concourse but is a well useable classic car, bodywork is all good and solid, interior is in very good order for year, car drives well no smoke or nasty noises.
An opportunity to acquire an appreciating asset

DSCF5346_zpswby8fky8.jpg

DSCF5348_zpsq77tysdh.jpg

DSCF5353_zpsnfgmui3s.jpg

DSCF5354_zpsbjjueady.jpg

DSCF5356_zps0ndwphuy.jpg

DSCF5357_zpsjkg6vi94.jpg

DSCF5359_zpsrs5leapc.jpg

DSCF5360_zpsfn3fwl5c.jpg

MOT IS DUE .June 8th 2016   Car has only done 60 miles since mot

Car is in Wales, No timewasters,  please look at the photos.
£2,950

• 3 months later...

Purchased by me :) as I needed a manta in my life while the 400r gets an engine rebuild and a few bits n bobs doing I use it nearly every day has had some upgrades  power steering /remote locking /new Ashley exhaust / hid headlights/ stereo install / astra gte calipers Audi discs       And is now in Matt black with all decals in orange  as the paintwork wasn't as nice close up but was a good job considering the space oldwheels had :) so love it or hate it  I will try to upload some pics but I do struggle with the process

• Like 1

Here you go mate.

shauns-excl_zpsyn4jan6u.jpg

Wasn't sure how the Matt black would work on it but i do really like it.

Although as discussed at the time i think it needs the original font for the stickers (which Shauns sticker maker didn't have available at the time) and maybe the center cap Opel blitz in orange as well. But maybe that's just me.

• Like 3

Although as discussed at the time i think it needs the original font for the stickers (which Shauns sticker maker didn't have available at the time) and maybe the center cap Opel blitz in orange as well. But maybe that's just me.

Yes original font GT/E decals would be good.

I would not paint the center cap Blitz orange, looks to much like a 17 year olds first car, can't afford any mods so starts highlight painting everything like badges, wing mirrors, wiper arms etc

But as you have been daring and gone for Matt Black how about painting the rim of the wheel in orange, Exclusiv style ??

• Like 2

Hi. I've got a full decal set for a GTE Exclusive if you're interested? Unless you have your heart set on orange, as they're red as per original spec.

They're an exact copy of font, size (none of the sharp points you get on cheap copies) and colour except the 'exclusive' badge which is a bit smaller for some reason, but the 'Manta GT/Es' and the Blitz are all spot on. They're the ones on eBay made by graphics4classics, only these are yours for nearly half price: £10 posted.

I'm pretty sure that the price of a straight road going exclusive will only go up now, so keeping the modifications subtle and the general appearance original would probably benefit future value. Naturally, it's your car to enjoy as you please, it's just nice to have one that's a 'genuine' investment.