Selling 1980 Manta Berlinetta Sr 2.0 manual SGH71V

Iwan Jones

Due to the loss of storage I'm thinking about selling a well known club car - SGH71V. She comes with 11 months M.O.T and a brand new sportex exhaust fitted. She does have some cosmetic rust that will need sorting in the next few years but is solid where it counts. Also comes with a secondhand passenger door. Just testing the water at the minute to see if there is any interest - I would much prefer her to go to a club member than putting it on ebay. £1500 or p.m me a offer! I will take some pictures when the weather improves, car is near Llanelli, South Wales.

If the car is good as when you bought it, I would have thought it be worth a lot more than your asking price. :ph34r:

Someone is going to get a bargain entry to Manta ownership there. Good luck with the sale, but I hope you find a way of keeping the car.

• Like 1

I saw SGH at a car show in April this year & it did not appear to have deteriorated since i sold it.

Chris Thomas replaced the Varijet 2 carb for a weber after he bought SGH off me.

I would say that £1500 ono is a bargain.

Chris Burt ought to buy it back, it won't take much to make it a show winner again.

Here is SGH when i sold her

Manta_SGH_compressed.thumb.jpg.4eeae4f811980_Manta_SR_Berlinetta.thumb.jpg.20282

The reason for the low price is really the cosmetic rust that has started on SGH in the last few months. Both rear arches have started, the two large bubbles on the passenger side being the worst. The bottom of both A pillars is quite bad as well - could do with having front and rear screens removed to tidy up. Both door bottoms have started - drivers door is easily saveable but the passenger door could do with replacing as it has a large rust hole above the catch on the inside (replacement door comes with the car). She runs very well on the new weber carb, when I bought her off Chris the automatic choke wasn't working but an afternoon of tinkering and hey presto she starts on the button! I'm happy to have a go at most mechanical stuff but bodywork is not my forte and the loss of my carport means she is currently out in all weathers. Hopefully a club member will snap her up and give her a good home!

• 8 months later...
On 09/06/2016 at 20:09, Berlinetta said:

I spotted that too....a chance for the previous owner ('chrisb') to get her back perhaps?!

I always liked that colour, if I didnt have my current B I would be bidding!

Love that colour, wanted SGH last time it was up for sale but didn't have the dough, still got my hands full with my current project and doing up a house which is costing me valuable Manta time

I did try my hardest to buy the car back i was willing to pay the full asking price and was waiting for the answers to a couple of questions i had asked when out of the blue it was sold over a telephone conversation to another club member,

Looks like everyone thats had it since just wants to cash in on her as its been for sale a few times in the last 8 months,