Opel Ascona 400R

Dan Friel

Hi all.just started my Ascona 400R build.still gathering parts so any help or ideas would be great.she is a 1976 Opel Ascona 16s/19s auto shell.i need a front panel for her but the rest of her is sound.i have always wanted one of these so I'm going to put a lot of work into this build. bits need...

Full 400 body kit

2.2redtop engine with all the bits and throttle bodies

5stud axle with lsd

5stud front hubs

8" revs for the front 10" for the back.

Full 400/200i interior.

List goes on.

I'll keep everyone posted on the build.hope to get pictures up soon

Thanks Dan

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

OK.. So i have just finished off my Vauxhall chevette 13gt project.

Now its time to get back at the ascona.Im in two minds weather to go full 400 rally kit look or go the 400 road car look.

I toyed with the idea of selling it as i was offered a car i have wanted to buy for years.

But i gathered up a few pound and bought it, So it is going to the back of the garage!

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Hi , I like your ascona. How is the project doing? I am just starting off with a pretty rotten cavalier saloon , but as these cars are so rare  I am willing to go the extra mile to build myself a 400 r . I am trying to source a 400 kit and wheels. If you got any advice ,who can supply a quality kit, I would be gratefull. I would like a kit with complete fiberglass wings for the front as opposed to the arch extensions.

Thanks

14 hours ago, GerryC400 said:

Hi , I like your ascona. How is the project doing? I am just starting off with a pretty rotten cavalier saloon , but as these cars are so rare  I am willing to go the extra mile to build myself a 400 r . I am trying to source a 400 kit and wheels. If you got any advice ,who can supply a quality kit, I would be gratefull. I would like a kit with complete fiberglass wings for the front as opposed to the arch extensions.

Thanks

Hi Mate,Are you swapping the front panel for an ascona one?

Iv looked at a few kits and prices and the best so for is a crowd in Northen Ireland youbro kits(they are on facebook)

Erwin Peters in Germany is 2200 euros and P+P :-(

I have been talking to him and he is in the process of making complete fiberglass wings for the Ascona 400 kit.

but they will not be ready till june/july.

I have got the front HS bumper and spoiler from him for my Chevette and i can honestly say it was great quality.

Very easy to fit.little work for my body man.

As for wheels if your going 5X120 15" revolution your talking £1000+

Edited by Dan Friel

Thank you for the swift reply. I am changing the cav front . Its off the car. I was fortunate enough to buy a 4 door ascona a few months ago and I got a nice lot of spares . front steel wings , ascona nose cone. sills , and rear panel complete. The car is a 2.0 auto same colour as rapierdaves one . It requires a fair amount of work , but the cavy came along and I couldn't help myself when I saw it was a 2 door saloon and ascona 400 rep is all I could think. I would like to fit complete fiberglass wide arch wings and save my steel panels for the 4 door .....................when I can get round to it that is. I will check out the sites that you told about , appreciate the help.

Many Thanks

Gerry

Edited by GerryC400
here are the only pics of the cars i got on my p.c at the moment. the cavy is home and stripped now
  • Like 1

Money pits for sure, It wasn't my intention to have 2 at the same time. It s like waiting for a bus , nothing for ages , then all of a sudden loads........... Its all a bit of fun!  Look forward to seeing the finished product though.

I will give retro power a try , notice they have done a few cars, look really tidy.

Edited by GerryC400