1987 Original Opel Manta Gt/e Hatch For Sale

Jack

Jack, for your own sake pull yourself together, don't give that car away like that, stop and think what you are doing, I know you will have given this a lot of thought, but think again. PLEASE. I doubt very much if any OMOC members will buy it, because we are not the type that would take advantage of another member who is in difficulties.

Edited by Julian
  • Like 1

Right okay, I have put the price up a bit and hopefully it will still generate interest. I have a few loans that are still on going and I want a newer car for the time been whilst my life starts to turn around. My worry is that it won't sell at all if I put it too high.

Holy smokes Jack.

Yesterday you were talking about modding the car now its up for sale, so let me get this right, so you can buy a newer car! Surely if you need A car better to keep the one you have. It might not be ideal using it every day but better than giving it away and loosing thousands.

Only you know how much poo has just hit the fan but selling a niche car takes time, good luck with the road ahead on whatever you decide to do.

Edited by Manta again
  • Like 2

Holy smokes Jack.

Yesterday you were talking about modding the car now its up for sale, so let me get this right, so you can buy a newer car! Surely if you need A car better to keep the one you have. It might not be ideal using it every day but better than giving it away and loosing thousands.

Only you know how much poo has just hit the fan but selling a niche car takes time, good luck with the road ahead on whatever you decide to do.

your absolutely right, any other car is still going to cost loads. no point in selling.

Jack.  Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think that you can handle this situation alone. so have a chat with someone, I've no idea who you know, and get some advice on this situation, or you are going to lose out Big time, I don't know you, but I think you are a genuine guy,and woul not like to see you losing out after achieving what I think was for you, a lifetime ambition, ie Owning a Manta. Keep a cool head there Mate.

Edited by Julian
  • Like 5

Jack.

Don't sell it cheap. It's worth a lot of money.

I don't know you or your life or what shit has happened, just don't sell it cheap.

Unless you have a kidney to pay for or you risk losing something or someone important.

I'd sell my coupe I've just done in a heartbeat if it helped me or mine out of the shit.

I have age on my side so I can insure my cars cheap and can run many at one time.

If you need a reliable car and that means stopping using the manta for commuting or such then transfer it into a relatives name and get them to add you to their policy and drive it as carefully as you do now.

But a cheap Toyota or Jap car ( there's a reason why taxi drivers use them, cheap and reliable )

Insure that. Get driving other cars added or checked on your comp policy and then you can use your manta and keep it without worrying

However , if you have to sell the manta , good luck but don't sell it cheap.

Billing is coming up. Take it and get the best price you can

• Like 3

Not for sale Kevin and thanks again for your words of wisdom, I am in a bit of a hole and won't know how deep until tomorrow. I will fight and won't let myself be put down by life's hard moments because they come regardless of the reason. I have spoken to my mum today about getting another job because that is what is putting me down at the minute I just hate working and the job I am doing. I will come out on top of life's hard moments and look back with laughter and these experiences just give me more life experience.

• Like 4

Not for sale Kevin and thanks again for your words of wisdom, I am in a bit of a hole and won't know how deep until tomorrow. I will fight and won't let myself be put down by life's hard moments because they come regardless of the reason. I have spoken to my mum today about getting another job because that is what is putting me down at the minute I just hate working and the job I am doing. I will come out on top of life's hard moments and look back with laughter and these experiences just give me more life experience.

Keep us informed Jack, not that we are nosey, but we do care, I myself was in a similar position when a small haulage business ( one lorry!!) I ventured into, folded up 50 years ago,I applied for a "B" licence, cos I could have had a contract to haul coal up to the seed nurseries in Cheshunt, but a local contractor who was only removing rubish from local factories, opposed my request saying it would take business away from him, he was 67 years old, I was about 30, I had a 10ton tipper he had a two ton Bedford!! You will pull through mate..

Edited by Julian
  • Like 1

I just want to get out of this place as quick as possible, it's not my job duties that have me down it's the people I work with, never come across such horrid people in m life before. Even when I was bullied terribly at school I didn't hate anybody more than the idiots I put up with with their relentless mickey taking. I am looking for another job and trying my best to get out of the company I work for, I have banged on about doing this for too long but it's crunch time now. Just want to work with decent people who are not totally horrid.

• Like 1

I just want to get out of this place as quick as possible, it's not my job duties that have me down it's the people I work with, never come across such horrid people in m life before. Even when I was bullied terribly at school I didn't hate anybody more than the idiots I put up with with their relentless mickey taking. I am looking for another job and trying my best to get out of the company I work for, I have banged on about doing this for too long but it's crunch time now. Just want to work with decent people who are not totally horrid.

Chin up Jack you'll get there. Theres a lot of decent people out there and a lot of them are right here supporting you and helping you enjoy your hobby. Hopefully you can still go to Billing and be nicely distracted by all the Mantas and friends there :thumbup

• Like 1

jack I hope the mickey taking wasn't directed at being a manta enthusiast,that would be an act of war :angry:

keep on mantarin B)  and I hope you find better people to work with soon. :)

• Like 2

Hi Paul, My job is a car valetor. Yes there has been loads of idiots ripping my Manta to bits saying I should get rid of it and get something newer and better. Sod them they don't know what there talking about in their plastic conveniences.

• Like 1

Hi Paul, My job is a car valetor. Yes there has been loads of idiots ripping my Manta to bits saying I should get rid of it and get something newer and better. Sod them they don't know what there talking about in their plastic conveniences.

Jack. I work in the trade. Micky taking is a part of it. It used to get me down quite a lot when I was an apprentice, but now im older and wiser I have put some older people to shame now. Give as much as you receive. If they give you crap, give it them back. Stand your ground and just ignore the haters. They are only jelous they cant have a decent car like us. ;)

• Like 3

A decent job to do, I started as a Valetor in a body shop when I was 17, started to help strip the cars and then got into putting them back together, I had a lot of piss taking about my manta back then and with help soon learnt to give it back, not nasty, just firm and picking up on the piss takers weaknesses.

Don't be afraid to have a go at something outside your comfort zone, lots of the jobs you ask for help on here are ideal to start to learn on, get a decent Halfords socket set and just fiddle.

You only get one life, it will go by in the blink of an eye and only you can steer it the way you want it to go !

I appreciate that mickey taking is part of it and I enjoy it with people who do it in a friendly manner but there are some people down where I work that are genuinely nasty pieces of work. Upstairs with the salesman I can have a good laugh and feel comfortable around them and have non stop p**s taking and it's all funny because it is meant as banter but when you work with nasty people it becomes very uncomfortable and very difficult to build up courage just to say anything. I have thrown the caution to the wind regarding jobs on the Manta and anything I can do on my own I will do. Not afraid to do anything on it anymore, I think my last one had something about it and I just didn't know where to start. For example I want to do a brake conversion on mine and I would do it myself it's just getting the brakes bled which is a pain on your own and when I change the wheels on it I will jack the car up and whack them on. Any servicing work I will do all on my own because it's dead easy, only problem is I don't have anywhere to do service work as I only have a parking space and it isn't flat so changing oil I normally get Mantaray to do. I know that if anyone can put their Manta right I can surely because I have a proper genuine passion for it and if you have that anything can be done. I ask for things that I genuinely don't know like the gearbox fluid etc but if I can do it I will. When a time comes in my life where I can get my own garage space for the Manta I will have a crack at bodywork and tackle rust and repair panels. 

I can get down when people rip me apart and I always blame my past for it because I went through years of bullying and distress at school but why? Just get over i and move on, most of the bullies still live at home anyway...