Another Newbie

Hi guys,

I'm an ex A series owner looking for another one. Has to be in good condition but not looking to spend the £16k they want for the beast of a burgundy V8 one 😀

Any suggestions??

Willing to travel for the right car.

Thanks,

Marion

Edited by Marion Sayers
  • Like 1

Hi Marion, welcome to our world !!

Keep checking our for sale section, they do appear from time to time, also keep searching site like car and classic and ebay plus other classifieds.

Being a previos owner you'll know what to check for, but living on the west coast of Scotland makes going to 'have a look' at a Manta in southern England imprectical, you might have to twist the arm of another member on here to make the initial viewing.

Incidently, where are you in Scotland? there are a lot of members (Clan Manta) in the club from north of the boarder, there might be one near you.

Thanks Ian.

Yes, we've had a look online but hubby was a member of OMOC before so I thought of here too.

We are on the Isle of Bute which is almost directly West of Glasgow.

I'll keep looking and see what happens!!

Cheers,

Marion

We are on the Isle of Bute which is almost directly West of Glasgow.

Looked it up on google earth,  in the crowded south of the UK we get these romantic notions of a wild and beautiful place and an idyllic life style, but when the there are storms bowing up from the south west and you need something that is not on the island then you have to hope McBrains are still sailing or hope that the other ferry hasn't been stopped and you can do the long drive via Cairndow.

We have got several members in the Glasgow area and i'm sure there is one from the Ayrshire coast

I did here a poem once -

God he owns the World

and all it contains

Except western Scotland

That belongs to MacBrains !!!

I have been to Scotland several times, Fort William on family holidays when i was young and more recently Speyside, both beautiful, one day i will return and perhaps add the Isle of Bute to my addventure.

• Like 1