Manta Insurance

oldwheels

• 1 month later...

Just insured my Cavalier sports hatch through Adrian Flux, I have an existing policy on one of my other classics so thought all the details are on file, price was great at only £93 for the year,

But what let the service down was the 5 mins on hold before I was transferred to another department and then the 40 minutes and 14 seconds to put the policy in place.

It was a long time I thought to take out a classic car policy.

Edited by chrisb

Just insured my Cavalier sports hatch through Adrian Flux, I have an existing policy on one of my other classics so thought all the details are on file, price was great at only £93 for the year,

But what let the service down was the 5 mins on hold before I was transferred to another department and then the 40 minutes and 14 seconds to put the policy in place.

It was a long time I thought to take out a classic car policy.

chrisb, you are a patient man, I would have been outta there after 10 mins, it simply cannot take 40+ minutes to sort a policy out.

The only reason I rang them is that I have an existing policy on my mk2 Golf GTi so they have all mine and my wife's details on file. 

I stupidly thought all they would do was take all my details from that policy and transfer it all over to the new policy, But it seemed I had to confirm every single thing including practically every line of my address, confirming each line separately.

I phoned on my mobile so that's how I know it was 40 minutes and 14 seconds!!

I cant wait for that bill to come in!!

But to be fair I have always had good service from them, but it never seems to be a quick phone call to sort anything out.