Standard car.   White with black interior.  MOT to 11/03/2016

In the 24 years I have owned the car it has had:

Recon engine

Recon Radiator

Complete auto gearbox rebuild

New carb plus manual choke conversion

Rear brakes rebuilt plus new rear drums

Various other bits & pieces.

(I have the history file of the most of the work done plus the old MOT’s etc.)

The Car is showing its age but would make a good rolling restoration.    The paint is very flat and it has a couple of dents and has rust in places.   I have tried to show this in the pictures.

Genuine reason for sale.   

Price £750 ovno.

My email address is charleskennedy58@outlook.com

Hopefully you can view the pictures via the link below below

http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/chaskennedy58/library/

Thanks

• Like 3

I love these pre face lift hatches & they are rare but unfortunately even a well sorted one will struggle to make more than £2500, however even allowing for the dents & the dreaded sunroof i hope someone saves this as the interior looks in great condition.

with a long MOT i think that's a fair price.

Edited by Rapierdave

If i hadn't already got far more Manta's than i can cope with i'd buy this now, i really have 'a thing' for two slot hatches, my favourite car in the Netherlands two years ago was a very plain yellow example.

If my numbers come up this weekend i'll be buying this Manta !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Clive, i remember you with the red two slot hatch.

I think you have unfinnished business there, using your amazing skills to creating the an incredible early B hatch, just to wet your appitite here is the one from the netherlands i mentioned above..

Holland2013-Yellowhatch2.jpg

Now here is your challange - improve upon that !!!

Also if it's spares your after i have a huge amount of all sorts of sh... i mean parts,  OK some rare bits i haven't got but other stuff i have got like bonnets (8) rear lights (2x storage boxs) speedo clusters (6+) etc

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the positive feeback on the Manta.   It hasn't had any viewings yet and I am prepared to drop the price to £600 ono if it helps.  I would like someone in the club to save the car as I have owned it for a long time and had a lot of fun with it.   Hopefully it will go to a good home.   I havn;t advertised it elsewhere for this reason.

Regards ~ Charles

Hi Charles, I suppose for 35 years, it's not doing too bad for a Manta. I've owned 13 Mantas to date. I'm in the process of getting a GT/E hatch restored and it doesn't look like it'll be on the road until next summer.

Sadly, my Manta was a lot worse when we looked a bit harder at things like the swan necks, inner wings, sills etc. I'd guess yours is probably similar with the dreaded sun roof. It certainly looks in need of wings, door skins, rear arches, lower quarter panels and a bonnet. The engine bay looks pretty tidy though.

Is yours currently on SORN? Is it driveable? What were the advisories on the last MOT? Is it a 2.0 litre or a 1.9? Oh, is it still for sale?

Thanks,

Jon

Hi Jon,  the car is till for sale.   Its a 2 litre and is taxed.  It does drive ok but I have not done any long distances in it for some years (i live in Earls Court London and the traffic is permanently gridlocked).  The advisory on the last MOT was: Nearside front vehicle structure has slight corrosion.  The sunroof has the dreaded rot and I would imagine things like the swan necks would need doing.  If you want to have a good look at car I will be around at the weekend.

Thanks ~ Charles

Hi Charles, thanks for replying. I'd love to have a manta to drive around in until mine's back on the road which is doing it's level best to bankrupt me. I've just bought a full set of bushes for it for £300.

The sub frame and wishbone is off to be shot blasted and powder coated next week as well. I'm hoping to go up to Billing this weekend. I've not been before.

Cheers,

Jon

• 1 month later...

£500 is a bargain compared to some of the rot boxes that have been on ebay, so tempted but as mentioned before I need to save my cash for the house :-( the Mrs would get the right hump and it would end up sat neglected at my parents til I get the ££ and time to sort it. I think it might go for more than that on ebay. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Good news !

Join our Club, bring it along to some shows and meets ( West London meet, first tuesday of the month, 7pm, Coy Carp Pub near Maple Cross / Harefield UB9 6HZ, just off the M25 junction 17 )

And of course you HAVE to bring it along to the show at Billing near Northampton on the 8/9/10th July ( bring a tent and plenty of beer !! )