400R Wanted (Still! Lol)

Volksdevil

Hi all, 

I'm still on the hunt for a 400R! I've quickly thrown a site together at OpelManta400.uk which has more details (I'll quote them below), so if people could please help by sharing the site, and keeping me in mind if anything pops up etc that would be great thanks!

Neil.

Hi, I'm looking to buy an Opel Manta 400 Replica! Also known as a Manta 400R. Must not require any major exterior bodywork, I've been messing with cars for many years and I'm hanging up my modification keys.

I'm located in Lancashire, UK, but will travel anywhere within the UK for the ideal car.

Here are my preferences:

• Prefer White or Red in colour
  • None Sunroof (Ideally)
  • Properly fitted kit (No blended arches)
  • Prefer the checkered interior, but not fussed if later grey
  • Standard or Redtop engine, although I do have a full Red top conversion sat here!
Edited by Volksdevil

It's a superb looking Manta, that's the kind of look I really like!

Cheers lads, but I can't see a 400R anywhere there?

It's a superb looking Manta, that's the kind of look I really like!

Cheers lads, but I can't see a 400R anywhere there?

the seller looks like he has thought better of it and decided to keep it,as there is no sign of it in the ad anymore.

It looked like a good un aswell,white with the stripes and revos and I think it had a 24 valver lump.

Like they say everything is for sale at the right price,so wave the appropriate amount of Wonga at him and you never know.

Hell mate with all that money you spent on the corado you could of built a superb 400r by now :lol: sorry :lol:

Cheers Jack.

Hell mate with all that money you spent on the corado you could of built a superb 400r by now :lol: sorry :lol:

Maybe aye  :( But the 25+K has been spent over 10 years of ownership. If only I'd have found a Manta back in 1996 instead of a Mk1 Golf, things could have been very different! Many Vw's and years later, I've had lots of fun and stress with them but I did kinda fall into the Vw scene by accident. 

Doesn't seem to be anything popping up of late...Where are all the 400R's hiding!

• Like 1

What would you expect to pay for a very good replica .? I saw one a while back with a irmscher body kit but it did not have the 24 valve engine. The car was immaculate though?? Any ideas what these are worth Or are you better buying a good donor car and a 400 kit

I have done that many miles over the last few months Dave the thought of traveling that far for a car with the round thing on the wrong side a'nt that appealing lol

I think I've found my car just need to get my head round paying that much for a car that I will still want to put £2000 into but we will see ....

Looks Good, hard to make sense of the advert though so I did some digging (Although ideally I'd like something within the UK) and it seems it was sadly involved in an accident. Maybe you can help us understand it more Herman? B)

http://www.opel-forum.nl/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=188857

Manta400-1_zpsd07a3fb4.jpg

http://m.112-groningen.nl/Groningen/nieuws/23767/ongeval-bij-sebaldeburen.html

4.jpg

6.jpg

I think the current owner has/currently is repairing it... From google translate (Suggests the rear has been lowered since pics)

I bought the manta now. 

've already ordered a fender and front bumper with jaak smeets. 
nose itself is to save good because so much was idd not but the previous owner 
received the insurance money and renounced the car. 
and have to say it was a large sum! at least he's in good hands and be completely saved. For more information and pictures you can add me on Facebook under the group shed Opel classics

The purpose of this is just just fix that I can tour with them this year and until the end of the winter to fully do so 
rays and spit on, I also place than another roof. 
The front lip is there now anyway back and lower back slightly. 
See them up as identical as possible as a real 400.

EDIT: In fact I came across this pic...The rear looks lower to me here than in the 'dmage' pics, so maybe he's finished rebuilding it? I do like it...A lot. :wub:

400%20dag%202005%2012.JPG

Edited by Volksdevil

Hey Neil,

never knew the car was involved in an accident.

The special is that when I saw the latest foto: I'v been at the same meeting in Holland!

Think it was 2007??

Sevenum1_zpscf31yp8m.png

This is my car, on the same spot. About the 400R:

The damage looks bad but I think non of the important chassis parts are hit, think it are only body parts needed to repair.

Grtz!

Edited by H-400

EDIT: We hit page 2! Please see/share OpelManta400.uk to help me find a 400R! :D 

Hey Neil,

never knew the car was involved in an accident.

The special is that when I saw the latest foto: I'v been at the same meeting in Holland!

Think it was 2007??

Sevenum1_zpscf31yp8m.png

This is my car, on the same spot. About the 400R:

The damage looks bad but I think non of the important chassis parts are hit, think it are only body parts needed to repair.

Grtz!

Wow, cool! So that one is yours Herman?  :wub: Genuine 400 too?!

In the advert for the one that had the accident, is he basically saying that he is still rebuilding it? and it will be finished in June?

It's a shame it's not closer to me with more details (Had a quick look into importing and there are many costs and muchos paperwork) so I hope one will turn up that looks as good as that one.

Edited by Volksdevil

Hallo Neil,

it is a genuine 400, and I'm very proud of it.

About the 400R: If I read the add it is still under rebuilding. If you want I'l phone the guy and check it out.

He is known as somebody that rebuilds Ascona's and Manta's 400R on demand.

Grtz, Herman.

Hallo Neil,

it is a genuine 400, and I'm very proud of it.

I'd be proud of it too, looks superbB) 

About the 400R: If I read the add it is still under rebuilding. If you want I'l phone the guy and check it out.

He is known as somebody that rebuilds Ascona's and Manta's 400R on demand.

Grtz, Herman.

Ah, so he knows what he is doing then by the sounds of it. Please don't phone him on my behalf (Too far away from me in reality) but if you fond more information/updates on it, then it's interesting all the same :)

Haven't come across anything else as yet. The 400R still eludes me!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...