Solid Tax Exempt Manta A Series Project

A lot of cars for sale, get discribed as a barn find, but this one is for real, as seen in the photo.

The model does seem a bit unusual. I thought the white head lining and that basic steering wheel, was only on the 1600 and 1600S models?

DVLA say it's not been taxed for over 20 years and guess has just been standing all that time too. If I was bidding, would sure want to have a close look, at the condition underneath.

Wow......The price of Manta A's in need of restoration, has really gone up. This one is currently sitting on Ebay, at £1,500 with 2 day to go!

I bought mine on Ebay, 8 years ago, in far better condition, for only £350.

The steering wheel is an S spec, the 1900 engine was available in S trim. The white headlining is correct for S as well. The S didn't have a rev counter, it had a time clock there instead. I don't know if you could spec one as an option, or if this car has had a later clock set swap. If it was a Berlinetta it would be badged as such on the wings in place of the Manta rays. It would also have velour seats. This car also seems to have the early c pillar air-vents which are pre Berlinetta.

Well i am frankly astonished the "A" made £3770 which is a very good price when you consider that there are two very good ones up for sale at the moment, one for £5000 & one for £6000.

The general trend seems to be that prices for restoration projects have risen much steeper than complete restored cars.

Well i am frankly astonished the "A" made £3770 which is a very good price when you consider that there are two very good ones up for sale at the moment, one for £5000 & one for £6000.

The general trend seems to be that prices for restoration projects have risen much steeper than complete restored cars.

WOW! I never thought it would make that much! :D

This A series ,could possibly be the Luxus model,which if i remember was only in signal red or signal blue,with vinyl roof,factory fitted sunroof,and possibly a rev counter.they only made 400 of each.

The only item  it dosen't seem to have is headrests on the front seats,even though the seats look the right material.Used to own a Luxus about 15 years ago.