I200 ? On Ebay

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought i200's were white or silver only & they all had blitz interiors,also I thought they made more than 9 !

The only i200 connection I can see is steve Thompson's name on the number plate

I have seen this listed before and it looks like a standard GT/E with Exclusive parts on it. Did Steve Thompson sell Mantas without converting all of them to an i200? If so thats the only thing I can think of that would be the reason for the number plate. Very interesting description about how the previous owner got the car and lets see what will be the next chapter for it.

I think car figures on those sites are rubbish I know of a few mantas around here that aren't included as the system went digital so they don't know they exist until they get taxed etc.

As for that manta I bet it's a rot box and keeps on coming up for sale due to the amount it needs.

P.S if anybody is interested it's 25mins from me is I can be your eyes and go look at it for you.

ive asked him?

response

YOU:

As far as I'm aware the factory ones were all white or silver, however if you wanted one in the uk then they were converted by Steve Thompson garages of Walsall, who were irmsher dealers, they based them on Manta GTE coupes.
It was also possible to have a second hand car converted by Steve Thompson, some there were many optional extras so probably no two cars are exactly the same.
Chris
  • Like 2

Presumably because some people believe it's a genuine i200, even though it looks not to be. According to Paul Brenneckers guide to them on this very site it wouldn't have the washer jets in the bumper, and also looking at genuine cars it would have the smaller wash bottle, and no GT/E badging. I did hear that there was one genuine i200 or i240 without the Blitz interior though.

Steve Thompson is still a vauxhall dealers and did sell mantas as standard back in the day but also had the Irmscher franchise for the uk and built new and converted many customers cars, but to qualify as an orginal i200/i240 they were supplied from new with an ST parts build sheet.(with the basic spec for that car but could also be fitted with options from Irmscher catalogue or the Magard catalogues).

So to sum up the red one was supplied by the dealer but was obviously converted as you can see from the photos (has i200 narrow type spoiler and twin headlight i200 sticker was fitted not sure if anything was done to the engine,diff or suspension as you cannot see in photo or text.) at a later date so is not an original i200.

1900sr your right E45 SFK red i240 came with grey chicago as blitz was unavailable at the time,but was fitted by Sean Hunt under his ownership.

Hope no one on here's bidding on the red GTE thinking they are getting a genuine i200 :o

• Like 1

Daz i240, you have perhaps answered one question that was doing the rounds at one time, it was alleged that as well as the i240 coupes Steve Thompson created an i240 hatch, very unlikely but a rumour that would go away.

the other question reguarding the i240's was the number made in righthand drive, as it has been suggested one of the cars supplied by Steve Thompson was actually a converted i200

Ian as far as we were told there were 7 rhd i240 coupes also another exported to southern ireland(think it was black),and of course the rumoured hatch.As far as the i200 being converted could be a possibility as ST converted a lot of customers car.

The hatch may of been a customer converted car :unsure:

• Like 1